Dreaming of an outdoor mountain wedding in the Blue Ridge Mountains? Many couples escape to the mountains for their outdoor wedding because of the variety of locations and experiences they can create. Our scenic wedding venues offer breathtaking views of mountain ranges, rolling landscapes, wooded forests, gardens, rivers and lakes that reflect its surroundings. Photos by Meghan Rolfe.
In the Spring and Summer the hills come alive with greenery and lush gardens, both nature and man-made, ideal for a bloom-filled mountain wedding. Fall color explodes in October, offering a vibrant backdrop a romantic wedding.
Whether you want a winery wedding or an outdoor country wedding, our outdoor venues are picturesque with views of mountain ranges, rivers, lakes and more. Scenic wedding venues in the Blue Ridge build into the landscape with pavilions, stone pathways, fireplaces, chandeliers and large farm-style tables that transform your wedding into an unforgettable and romantic experience.
Worried about the weather? Most outdoor wedding venues in the Asheville area offer indoor and outdoor wedding spaces, giving you flexibility and peace of mind.
Some venues offer on-site accommodations like cabins, cottages, glamping and camping. This is a bonus if you’re planning a destination wedding where family and guests want to stay on-site and enjoy each other’s company for the weekend.
Amenities can vary widely depending on the type of venue, so be sure to ask what is included with the venue rental and what is considered an add-on. Amenities can include things like bridals suites, spas, bridal brunches, rehearsal dinners and more. Some even offer more adventurous add-ons like swimming, trails, ziplines and white water rafting!
Top Outdoor Mountain Venues Near Asheville
Indoor Venues:... read more
Also see great downtown hot spots for your wedding reception including rooftop venues, historical venues and hotel venues.
Tips for Outdoor/Mountain Weddings in Asheville
When considering an outdoor wedding, there are many logistics that need attention that aren’t immediately evident.
- Not all outdoor venues are set up to fully handle the electrical needs of a wedding and reception. Lighting, generators, back up ceremony tents, vendor tents, water and perimeter lighting are all factors to consider.
- Complying with noise ordinances in rural areas may affect the timing of your wedding.
- For your guests, consider the climate: weather, bugs, bathroom needs, large groups. For outdoor weddings, consider a back-up plan in the event of rain.
- Do tables, chairs, lighting, and wagons or golf carts come with the venue rental or do you pay an added rental fee?
- Don’t forget about elderly guests that need assistance with transportation around the property.
- Wedding planners are a great asset, as they manage a lot of these little details for you.
- When planning your reception menu, keep in mind Asheville is known for it’s fresh farm-to-table, local food.
- What to wear to an outdoor wedding? From boots to blazers, high heels to sundresses, you can be creative in attire requests depending on your theme.
- To keep your guests entertained while they're here, see our Top 70 Outdoor Things To Do.
- If you're planning a destination wedding, see our Lodging guides for places to stay.
- For ideas for groups outings for your wedding party, see our Top Tours & Experiences in the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains.
- If you want to book a spa day with your bridal party, book well in advance. See our Top 20 Spa, Massage & Wellness.