November 8, 2024-January 5, 2025
The Biltmore House is even more magical when adorned for the holidays - complete with 67 elaborate hand-decorated trees, including the favorite 35-ft. live Fraser fir in the Banquet Hall, a thousand poinsettias, miles of garland, and live music. Throughout the estate, find 100+ decorated trees with 25,000+ ornaments, 1.5 miles of fresh garlands, 500 wreaths and sprays, 2,000 poinsettias and other favorite holiday plants, and 100 kissing balls! Find plenty of details and tips below. Did you know there's a Hallmark movie that was filmed at the Biltmore? Learn more about "A Biltmore Christmas."
The Library inside Biltmore House - see many more photos!
Daytime & Candlelight Tours
Plan ahead and book dates and times for both daytime and candlelight tours, since prime dates and times sell out in advance. Tickets start at $105/adult. Prices vary by date. Kids ages 10-16 are half the price of adult admission. Kids ages 9 and younger are admitted free. All tickets include tours of Biltmore House, the gardens, Antler Hill Village with more lights and the Winery for a complimentary wine tasting. Don't miss a trip to the tropics inside the Conservatory and strolling through the gardens with winter plantings. See our main Biltmore Insider's Guide for more ideas of things to do.
Three different daytime ticket experiences.
- Audio-Guided Visit: Self-guided house tour with access to Gardens, Antler Hill Village, and Winery. Complimentary parking.
- Audio-Guided Visit Plus: Audio guide house tour with access to Gardens, Antler Hill Village, and Winery. Complimentary parking. Access to the immersive, multi-sensory exhibition: Italian Renaissance Alive
- Expert-Guided Visit: 2-hour expert-led house group tour including personal Vanderbilt history and estate stories, and access to areas off the main tour based on interest. Access to Gardens, Antler Hill Village, and Winery. Complimentary parking. Access to the immersive, multi-sensory exhibition: Italian Renaissance Alive
- Go to their website to read more about these experiences.
Daytime Tickets (Nov 8 - Jan 5) include a self-guided house tour before 5 PM with a full day of estate exploration. You'll book an entry time when you purchase tickets for the house tour, so plan ahead. Daytime admission pricing starts at $105/person.
Candlelight Christmas Evening Tickets (Nov 8 - Jan 4) include a magical tour of Biltmore House (enter 5:30-10:45 PM), complete with choirs and live musicians. The front lawn glows with a 55-ft. Norway spruce with 45,000 lights and hundreds of luminaries. Advance purchase is required as prime time slots fill up well in advance. Included with the Candlelight ticket is a daytime visit on the same day or the next day to explore the rest of the Estate. Evening admission pricing starts at $120.
Best Deals on Biltmore Tickets & Special Offers:
- Enjoy additional savings with online ticket purchases. Buy daytime tickets on the Biltmore website. Tour time reservations for house entry are required. Many days will sell out in advance.
- See overnight Biltmore Vacation Packages offered by many area B&Bs, hotels, and cabins that include discounted tickets.
- Get a discounted annual pass during their Holiday Sale, online only at Biltmore.com/join. Read more on 9 Reasons to Get a Biltmore Annual Pass.
Gardens & Conservatory
Don't miss strolling through the gorgeous blooms and a huge array of plants inside the Conservatory by the Walled Garden. Also, walk through the winter gardens and along miles of peaceful trails. Biltmore’s floral arranging and gardening experts conduct free, daily seminars at A Gardener’s Place retail gift shop under the Conservatory. Read more about the Biltmore Gardens.
Browse a dozen shops on the Estate, including A Christmas Past, Bookbinder's, Toymakers, and Confectionery in the Stables beside the house. Don't miss the Wine Shop at the Winery. The Gate House Shop at the entrance of the Estate carries a sampling from many of the other shops.
Don't miss sampling many Biltmore wines with very friendly experts (included with your admission) at the impressive Winery at Antler Hill Village, which is open until 9 PM. See why it's one of the most visited wineries in the country! In addition to tasting, browsing the Wine Shop, and learning about winemaking, take one of their guided experiences. During the holiday season, they have their own Candlelight Tour. We love the Red Wine and Chocolate tasting. Read more about the Winery.
Antler Hill Village Illumination
Allow time during your visit to the estate to explore Antler Hill Village with festive displays adorning Biltmore Gardens Railway and Winery. Stroll through illuminated trees, buildings, and the pathways that connect the Village’s unique shops. Enjoy a Winery tasting, Cedric's Tavern, shopping, and more exhibits, including the historic barn. Read more.
More Festive Fun
Holiday hospitality extends throughout the entire Estate. Enjoy a festive meal at Bistro, Stable Café, Cedric’s Tavern, or The Dining Room at the Inn on Biltmore Estate. Go to the Biltmore website to read more about their restaurants. Both the Inn & Village Hotel offer several packages, including New Year’s Eve. Biltmore has a big variety of retail shops, all perfect for holiday gift shopping. Other activities include taking a cozy horse and carriage ride (blankets provided) and exploring acres of landscaped gardens.
Days & Hours Open
Biltmore is open every day, including Thanksgiving, Christmas (9 AM-2 PM), and New Year’s Day. The house is open 9 AM-3:30 PM for daytime tours. The estate gate and ticketing office open at 8:30 AM. Candlelight tours start times are 5:30-10:45 PM, depending on the day and availability. The winery is open until 7 PM.
Banquet Hall in grand style. See our photo tour of the Christmas Tree Arrival.
Tips for Visiting
- See our Biltmore Estate Guide for more things to do.
- Buy tickets well in advance. Many days will sell out - especially Thanksgiving weekend, Saturdays, and Christmas week.
- Yes, you can take photos inside the house.
- Biltmore phone number for general info and tickets is 1-800-411-3812.
- You may be amazed by the size of the Estate and all the things to see and do. Arrive early and allow a full day - or two!
- Reduced-price admission is available to guests with disabilities. Parking assistance is available. They have some wheelchairs inside the house for guests at no charge for touring the first and second floors. Guests with hearing difficulties can request a Neckloop Telecoil Coupler, a printed transcript, or a sign language interpreter. Call them for your specific needs at 1-800-411-3812.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and layers to allow for changeable mountain weather.
- Remember, Candlelight Christmas Evenings require a separate ticket from daytime admission. Candlelight Christmas Evenings tickets are non-refundable, but you can change your date for a fee. Or keep the ticket for a daytime visit later.
- Candlelight Tickets include a daytime visit to the gardens and other areas of the estate. You can arrive as early as 8:30 AM and stay for your evening tour. If you arrive after 4:30 PM, you can return the next day.
- See our packages page for special offers & Biltmore packages from hotels, cabin rentals, and bed and breakfast inns!
- While you are in the area, see other House Museums for Holiday Tours.
- See our Biltmore for Kids page for family-friendly ideas on the estate.
For more holiday fun in Asheville, see our Top Asheville Holiday Outings.
Stay the Night on Biltmore Estate
Experience luxurious hospitality, fine dining, spa services and outdoor activities on the grounds of Biltmore House, America’s largest home®. Enjoy impeccable hospitality, meticulous attention to… read more
Experience luxurious hospitality, fine dining, spa services and outdoor activities on the grounds of Biltmore House, America’s largest home®. Enjoy impeccable hospitality, meticulous attention to detail and the level of personalized service the Vanderbilts extended to their friends. 3 miles S of downtown Asheville.213 rooms, $259-$499, fitness center, outdoor pool and hot tub, gift shops, a…
Stay at Biltmore at their more casual hotel, adjacent to the restaurants, winery and outdoor activities in Antler Hill Village. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at The Village Social with a small… read more
Stay at Biltmore at their more casual hotel, adjacent to the restaurants, winery and outdoor activities in Antler Hill Village. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at The Village Social with a small plate tasting menu featuring seafood, Biltmore Wines, craft beers and signature cocktails. Rooms have a cozy cottage setting with a window seat, 400-thread count linens, a 42-inch LCD-screen TV,…