The Biltmore House is even more magical when adorned for the holidays. The Christmas at Biltmore extravagant celebration includes 70 elaborate, hand-decorated Christmas trees (including the favorite 35-foot live Fraser fir in the Banquet Hall), 1,000+ poinsettias, miles of garland and lights, live music and informative holiday demonstrations. This year's theme of "Hearth and Home" is inspired by stories of Vanderbilt family hospitality with special attention to Biltmore House’s many fireplaces. See our Christmas Photo Tour inside Biltmore House, taken just before opening on November 4, 2016!
Daytime Tours: November 3, 2017–January 7, 2018
Christmas Tree Raising: November 1, 2017
Tickets include tours of Biltmore House, the gardens and Antler Hill Village. The village is home to the Winery, where you may take a guided tour and enjoy a complimentary wine tasting. Don't miss a trip to the tropics inside the Conservatory.
Best Deals on Biltmore Tickets & Special Offers
- Buy daytime tickets at least 7 days in advance on the Biltmore Estate Web site and save $10 or more per ticket. Tour time reservations for house tours are required on the busiest days (weekends and week of Christmas), so plan ahead!
- Early bird special: Buy Candlelight Evening tickets by September 30, 2017 on the Biltmore Estate Web site to save $10-$15/person.
- See overnight Biltmore Vacation Packages offered by area B&Bs, hotels and cabins that include discounted tickets.
- Seniors age 65+ save $10 on regular adult daytime admission at the Reception & Ticketing Sales Center every Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Tickets purchased at local hotels and B&Bs usually include a second day for free.
Candlelight Christmas Evenings
Biltmore House takes on a warm glow during Candlelight Christmas Evenings, even an air of mystery, creating a unique holiday experience for guests. Choirs and ensembles perform traditional music of the season throughout the house. The front lawn of Biltmore House will glow with a 55-foot Norway spruce with 45,000 lights and hundreds of hand-lit luminaries. Candlelight Christmas Evenings require a separate ticket for entry from daytime admission - and reservations are required. Included is an evening self-guided candlelight tour of Biltmore House with same day or next day visit to the gardens and Biltmore Estate Winery. Buy Candlelight tickets on the Biltmore Estate Web site.
Conservatory, Gardens & Holiday Decorating Classes
Don't miss strolling through the gorgeous blooms and huge array of plants inside the Conservatory. And walk through the winter gardens and along the peaceful hiking trails. Biltmore’s floral arranging and gardening experts conduct free, daily seminars at A Gardener’s Place retail gift shop at the Conservatory.
Browse a dozen shops on the estate. Just opened is The Barn Door inside the Antler Hill Barn with a great selection of regional art and craft. Other favorite shops for the holidays include A Christmas Past, Bookbinder's, Toymaker's and Confectionary in the Stables beside the house. And don't miss the Wine Shop at the Winery. The Gate House shop at the entrance of the estate carries a sampling from many of the other shops - and you don't need a ticket to visit.
Days & Hours Open
The estate is open every day, including Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Days. The house is open 9-5 for daytime tours. Estate gate and ticketing office open at 8:30 AM. Candlelight tours begin at 5:30 PM.
More Festive Fun
Holiday hospitality extends throughout the entire estate. Enjoy a festive meal at Bistro, Deerpark Restaurant, Stable Café, Cedric’s Tavern or The Dining Room at Inn on Biltmore Estate. The four-star Inn offers several packages for holidays, including special New Year’s Eve packages. The Inn will offer its annual Gingerbread House Tea. Biltmore boasts retail shops, all perfect for holiday gift shopping. Other activities include taking a cozy horse and carriage ride (blankets provided) and exploring acres of landscaped gardens.
Candlelight Winery Tour
A special (and rare) one-hour evening guided tour of wine making process and taste award winning wines with a light cheese pairing.
Annual Tree Raising
November 1, 2017: Watch the fun as 40 Biltmore workers take the 35-foot Fraser Fir inside Biltmore’s Banquet Hall after Santa delivers it to the front door at 10 AM (see photos and video of tree's arrival).
Watch our video of Christmas highlights at Biltmore. For more photos from previous years, see our Christmas inside Biltmore House Gallery.
Tips for Visiting
- See our Biltmore Estate Guide for more things to do, including guided tours.
- Biltmore phone number for general info and tickets is 1-800-411-3812.
- You may be amazed by the size of the estate and all the things to see and do. Arrive early and allow a full day - or two!
- Reduced-price admission is available to guests with disabilities. Parking assistance is available. They have some wheelchairs inside the house for guests at no charge for touring of the first and second floors. Guests with hearing difficulties can request a Neckloop Telecoil Coupler, a printed transcript, or sign language interpreter. Call them for your specific needs 1-800-411-3812.
- Your self-guided visit of Biltmore House requires a house tour reservation on their busy days (most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and the entire Christmas week). So buy tickets early to get your first choice of time.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and layers to allow for changeable mountain weather.
- Bring a car. Parking is free and some of the estate venues are several miles apart. Shuttles from the parking lot to Biltmore House are provided, but you'll need your own transportation to the other estate attractions. If you stay overnight on the estate, shuttles are provided free to all major stops.
- Remember, Candlelight Christmas Evenings require a separate ticket for entry from daytime admission. Candlelight Christmas Evenings tickets are non-refundable, but you can change your date for a $20 fee. Or keep the ticket for a daytime visit later.
- See our packages page for special offers & Biltmore packages from hotels, cabin rentals and bed and breakfast inns!
- While you in the area, see five other House Museums for Holiday Tours.
2017 Ticket Prices
- Daytime ticket prices TBA. Highest ticket prices are Saturdays, Thanksgiving Weekend and Christmas week.
- Candlelight Tours TBA. Lower rates usually run Sunday-Thursday nights, except for Christmas week.
- Buy online on the Biltmore Estate Web site at least 7 days in advance and often save $10/person on daytime tickets
For more holiday fun in Asheville, see our Top Asheville Holiday Outings.