A private estate in the Asheville area is ideal for those dreaming of an enchanting wedding venue with historical elegance and mountain charm. Historic and large estate wedding venues in and around Asheville offer romantic architectural details like high ceilings, arched doorways, winding staircases, chandeliers and more, which come together and create the ultimate fairy tale wedding in Asheville. Feature Photo by Mozingo Photography
Photo by JCM Photography.
You can’t talk about estate weddings without celebrating Asheville’s biggest showstopper, Biltmore. The largest privately owned home in America scores high on fairy-tale wedding charm with a multitude of settings that include historic terraces, lush gardens, open air courtyards, barns, ballrooms and more. Each Biltmore wedding venue has its own set of offerings and perks, including a daytime admission pass for guests when having a terrace, lawn and garden wedding.
Photo by Mozingo Photography
Smaller estates in the region offer the same elegance and beauty, but with more intimate settings. The grounds of many estates are spacious and well kept, offering outdoor settings ideal for a garden wedding or an intimate wedding in Asheville.
Photo by JCM Photography
Many estates have preferred caterers they work with as well as in-house beverage service, rentals and more. Estate venues in Asheville have years of experience in hosting weddings and can be a great resource for any questions you may have.
Biltmore & Other Top Estate Venues
Picture an enchanted evening against the backdrop of America’s largest home, or a celebration in a pristine setting surrounded by nature’s beauty. Biltmore offers a variety of romantic locations,… read more
Picture an enchanted evening against the backdrop of America’s largest home, or a celebration in a pristine setting surrounded by nature’s beauty. Biltmore offers a variety of romantic locations, each featuring their renowned service and attention to detail. Experience their legacy of gracious hospitality, romance and history to you and your guests. Venues include Deerpark, Diana, Conservatory…
This elegant and romantic castle features original hardwood floors, cherry walls, grand Appalachian stone fireplaces and alabaster sconces. Luminous wrought iron chandeliers cast graceful lighting… read more
This elegant and romantic castle features original hardwood floors, cherry walls, grand Appalachian stone fireplaces and alabaster sconces. Luminous wrought iron chandeliers cast graceful lighting from the 20-ft. ceiling of the Great Room. Located one mile north of downtown, Homewood is nestled in the historic neighborhood of Montford and offers abundant, free parking.Homewood's pricing…
Surrounded by more than a century of historic grandeur, this legendary hotel features many distinctive venues, including outdoor terraces with majestic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Omni… read more
Surrounded by more than a century of historic grandeur, this legendary hotel features many distinctive venues, including outdoor terraces with majestic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Omni Grove Park Inn offers exceptional cuisine, luxurious accommodations and legendary service. Add to that four signature locally-sourced restaurants, a world-class, 43,000 sq. ft. spa and an 18-hole…
Tips for Weddings at Biltmore & Other Estate Venues
When considering having a Biltmore wedding or other estate wedding in Asheville, there are some logistics to consider.
- Biltmore has range of offerings for weddings on the estate property. Read more on Biltmore Weddings.
- Estates will vary in their capactiy, so be sure to confirm wedding size, leaving some wiggle room so guests are comfortable.
- Do they have indoor and outdoor space for ceremony and reception? Are the outdoor options weatherproof?
- Do tables, chairs, lighting, decor come with the estate or do you have to rent them separately?
- Don’t forget about elderly guests that need assistance with stairs and moving around the property.
- When planning your reception menu, check with your estate contact who can be a great resource for local food catering options.
- To keep your guests entertained while they're here, see our Top 25 Things to do in Downtown Asheville or 70 Things to do Outdoors.
- If you're planning a destination wedding, see our Lodging guide for top places to stay for guests.
- For ideas for groups outings for your wedding party, see our Top Tours & Experiences in the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains.
- If you want to book a spa day with your bridal party, book well in advance. See our Top 20 Spa, Massage & Wellness.
For many other places to get married, see our Asheville Wedding Venue guide.