Asheville, North Carolina
Take a trip to Asheville and the North Carolina mountains! We've got plenty of insider tips to help you to create your perfect vacation in the "Land of the Sky". And we're not just for couples! RomanticAsheville.com Travel Guide now covers 16 counties (about a 90-mile radius of Asheville). Lonely Planet named Asheville at the Best US destination for 2017!
Stay in the best hotel, cabin rental or bed and breakfast. See our vacation specials & packages. Browse our 850 pages and 3,000+ photos, updated daily with many new things to do. Get outdoors to see waterfalls and hike. Tour Biltmore House and many other museums and attractions. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and scenic drives. Explore downtown Asheville and our small towns. Sample plenty of local food, beer and wine. Enjoy!
What to Do in Asheville & Mountains?
Browse this 850-page online insider's guide for plenty of ideas. Here's just a sampling of things to do:
- Restaurants: Find the best places for brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Scenic Drives: Cruise our 16 favorite mountain roads.
- Christmas Tree Farms: Choose & cut the perfect tree.
- Thanksgiving: Find restaurants & things to do.
- Christmas Weekend: Celebrate with friends and family.
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Plan a trip on America's favorite drive.
- Great Smoky Mountains: See things to do, drives, hikes and more.
- Whitewater Rafting: Ride the rapids on four rivers.
- Zip Lines: Fly on our Top 8 Canopy Tours.
- Great Lakes: See and play on six beautiful lakes near Asheville.
- Hikes: Explore our Top 75 trails in our mountains.
- Art Galleries: Find the best local art & craft at these 20 places.
- Things to Do: Browse our master list of 300.
- Wineries: Tour 15 wineries near Asheville.
- DuPont State Forest: Hunt waterfalls, hike and bike.
- Guided Tours: Pick from 25 guided adventures and trips.
We are an independent, locally-owned guide that receives 5 million visits each year from readers in 200 countries. We hope our site will help you plan the perfect mountain trip.
Let us know if you have any questions about a vacation getaway to the Asheville area. Thanks for your support!