Asheville, North Carolina
Escape to Asheville and the North Carolina mountains! We've got plenty of insider tips to help you to create your perfect vacation. And we're not just for couples! RomanticAsheville.com Travel Guide now covers 16 counties (about a 90-mile radius of Asheville). Plan a trip for a weekend getaway, friends' adventure, family gathering or solo retreat.
With 800 pages and 3,000+ photos, this guide is updated daily with many new things to do! Get outdoors to see waterfalls and hike. Tour Biltmore House and many other museums and attractions. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and many scenic drives. Explore downtown Asheville and the surrounding small towns. Stay in a hotel, cabin rental or bed and breakfast. Sample plenty of local food, beer and wine. Enjoy!
Asheville's Blue Ridge Mountains
Browse our site for plenty of ideas. Here's just a sampling of things to do:
- Outdoors: Get outside with these 70 things to do - something for everyone!
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Discover 50 best stops along our top scenic drive.
- Downtown Asheville: So much to see, do and experience.
- Restaurants: Find the best places for brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Mt Mitchell: Drive to the top of the highest mountain in eastern America.
- DuPont State Forest: Hunt waterfalls, hike and bike on 80+ miles of trails
- Guided Tours: Pick from 15 guided adventures and trips.
- Great Smoky Mountain: See our Top 20 things to do, drives, hike and more.
- Wineries: Tour 15 wineries near Asheville.
- Picnics: Dine in the great outdoors at these 20 spots.
- Zip Lines: Fly through trees and over the valleys with 10 canopy tours.
- Movie Locations: Visit places featured in films old and new in 2016.
- Great Lakes: See and play on six beautiful lakes near Asheville.
- Vacation Ideas: Check out 20 ideas for mountain vacation.
- Graham County: Remote area with unspoiled lakes, rivers and camping.
Concerning North Carolina's HB2: We join the Asheville City Council resolution, calling for immediate repeal of HB 2 and reaffirming support for protecting and advancing the constitutional rights and equitable treatment of all and opposition to discrimination, prejudice, homophobia, and transphobia. See LGBTQ Info.