Asheville, North Carolina
Take a trip to Asheville and the North Carolina mountains! We've got plenty of insider tips to help you to create your perfect vacation. And we're not just for couples! RomanticAsheville.com Travel Guide now covers 16 counties (about a 90-mile radius of Asheville). Lonely Planet named Asheville at the #1 Best US destination for 2017!
With 800 pages and 3,000+ photos, this guide is updated daily with many new things to do! Get outdoors to see waterfalls and hike. Tour Biltmore House and many other museums and attractions. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and many scenic drives. Explore downtown Asheville and the surrounding small towns. Stay in a hotel, cabin rental or bed and breakfast. Sample plenty of local food, beer and wine. Enjoy!
Asheville's Blue Ridge Mountains
Browse our site for plenty of ideas. Here's just a sampling of things to do:
- Forest Fire Update: Get the latest on the NC wildfires.
- Christmas Weekend: Celebrate in Asheville with much to do.
- New Year's Eve: Find parties and places to go.
- Ski Resorts: Hit the slopes for snowboarding, skiing, tubing and more.
- Restaurants: Find the best places for brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Mt Mitchell: Drive to the top of the highest mountain in eastern America.
- DuPont State Forest: Hunt waterfalls, hike and bike on 80+ miles of trails..
- Guided Tours: Pick from 15 guided adventures and trips.
- Great Smoky Mountain: See our Top 20 things to do, drives, hike and more.
- Wineries: Tour 15 wineries near Asheville.
- Movie Locations: Visit places featured in films old and new in 2016.
- Great Lakes: See and play on six beautiful lakes near Asheville.
- Vacation Ideas: Check out 20 ideas for mountain vacations.
- Graham County: Remote area with unspoiled lakes, rivers and camping.
- Fall Color Reports: See photos from this year's leaf show.
Concerning North Carolina's HB2: We join the Asheville City Council resolution, calling for immediate repeal of HB 2 and reaffirming support for protecting and advancing the constitutional rights and equitable treatment of all and opposition to discrimination, prejudice, homophobia, and transphobia. See LGBTQ Info.