Asheville, North Carolina 2022
Plan a getaway trip to Asheville and the North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains with this insider's travel guide! Create your perfect vacation in the "Land of the Sky". We're not just for couples! RomanticAsheville.com Travel Guide now covers 16 counties (90-mile radius of Asheville), so we feature plenty of places for all to explore. Plus, we have the best festivals with plenty of local art and music.
Find the best hotels, cabin rentals & bed and breakfasts. See many specials & packages. Browse our 850 pages and 3,000+ photos, updated daily with many new things to do. Get outdoors for waterfalls and hikes. Tour Biltmore House and quirky museums. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and scenic drives. Explore downtown Asheville and friendly small towns. Sample local food, beer, and wine. Enjoy!
Things to Do in Asheville & NC Mountains
- Things to Do: Browse our master list with hundreds of options.
- Swimming Holes: 20 spots near Asheville!
- Leonardo da Vinci – 500 Years of Genius: Don't miss this immersive event at Biltmore starting July 2022!
- Tours & Experiences: Find 25 fun ways to explore WNC.
- 2022 Bucket List: See 20 favorite things to do.
- DuPont State Forest: Hike & bike to waterfalls & mountaintops.
- Great Smoky Mountains: Plan a vacation with our guide.
- Downtown Asheville: Find our favorite stops & parking tips.
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Plan a drive with our mile-by-mile guide.
- Hiking Guide: Discover 75 hikes in the NC Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Sliding Rock: Slide down this favorite natural mountain waterfall.
- Restaurants: See the best places for brunch, lunch, and dinner.
- Art Galleries: Find the best local art & craft at these 20 spots.
- Free Guides: Sign up for free email updates and printed guides.
We are an independent, locally-owned Asheville guide that receives 6.1 million visits each year from readers in 219 countries. Thanks for your support. We are celebrating our 19th anniversary in 2022. RomanticAsheville.com proudly sponsors the weekly podcast/radio show Speaking of Travel, which showcases inspiring travel stories and tips!