Asheville, North Carolina
Take a trip to Asheville and the North Carolina mountains! We've got plenty of insider tips to help you to create your perfect vacation. And we're not just for couples! RomanticAsheville.com Travel Guide now covers 16 counties (about a 90-mile radius of Asheville). Lonely Planet named Asheville at the Best US destination for 2017!
Stay in the best hotel, cabin rental or bed and breakfast. See our vacation specials & packages. Browse our 850 pages and 3,000+ photos, updated daily with many new things to do. Get outdoors to see waterfalls and hike. Tour Biltmore House and many other museums and attractions. Drive the Blue Ridge Parkway and scenic drives. Explore downtown Asheville and our small towns. Sample plenty of local food, beer and wine. Enjoy!
What to Do in Asheville & Mountains?
Browse this 850-page online insider's guide for plenty of ideas. Here's just a sampling of things to do:
- Restaurants: Find the best places for brunch, lunch and dinner.
- Labor Day Weekend: Celebrate with festivals & things do do.
- Small Towns: See our 35 top mountain towns to explore.
- Whitewater Rafting: Ride the rapids on four rivers.
- Zip Lines: Fly on our Top 8 Canopy Tours.
- Great Lakes: See and play on six beautiful lakes near Asheville.
- Scenic Drives: Cruise our 16 favorite mountain roads.
- Things to Do: Browse our master list of 300.
- Tubing: Discover the best rivers for lazy tube rides.
- Sliding Rock: Have a blast at this favorite summer water slide.
- Downtown Asheville: See where to go, shop, eat, drink and explore.
- Hikes: Explore our Top 75 trails in our mountains.
- Art Galleries: Find the best local art & craft at these 20 places.
- DuPont State Forest: Hunt waterfalls, hike and bike on 80+ miles of trails.
- Guided Tours: Pick from 25 guided adventures and trips.
- Great Smoky Mountains: See things to do, drives, hikes and more.
- Wineries: Tour 15 wineries near Asheville.
We are an independent, locally-owned guide that receives 5 million visits each year from readers in 200 countries. We look forward to helping you plan the perfect mountain trip.