The NC mountains are home to many Inns, B&Bs and large homes that are perfect if you’re looking for a quaint historic wedding venue in Asheville with mountain charm. No matter how many guests attend, these settings are cozy and inviting, creating an intimate and romantic atmosphere. Feature photo by Meghan Rolfe
Photo by Mozingo Photography
Historic homes offer a complete setting for a wedding. Dramatic staircases, decorative fireplaces, large wraparound porches, gazebos and gardens do all the work for you. The only thing to add are fresh flowers and the company of your loved ones and guests to bring the space to life.
B&Bs with large gardens are well suited for romantic backyard weddings, as well as wedding photos. Many have established rose gardens, trellises, grand porches, cast iron benches and string lighting to set the stage.
Photo by Mozingo Photography
By nature, B&B’s offer extra amenities and attention to detail that other venues don’t. Proprietors know the area well and can be a great resource for restaurants, florists, spas and things to do. Other modern day amenities can include hot tubs, in-room massage and spa services, and more. Many B&B’s are located close to downtown nightlife, convenient for events surrounding the wedding like meet & greets, bridal brunches, rehearsal dinners, downtown wedding receptions and after parties.
Top B&Bs and Large Homes
Stay in the heart of the mountains in this elegantly rustic lodge, only yards from the Blue Ridge Parkway. Enjoy the serenity and peace of the mountain woods birds and squirrels, crackling… read more
Stay in the heart of the mountains in this elegantly rustic lodge, only yards from the Blue Ridge Parkway. Enjoy the serenity and peace of the mountain woods birds and squirrels, crackling fireplace, country breakfast and hiking trails graced with waterfalls. 10 guest rooms, $135 - $250, whirlpool tubs and Direct TV in select rooms, WiFi, free parking, gourmet breakfast & afternoon…
This unique 22-acre private estate is an ideal setting for an intimate wedding or elopement! The property offers a multitude of photo-worthy celebration spots including panoramic views of the… read more
This unique 22-acre private estate is an ideal setting for an intimate wedding or elopement! The property offers a multitude of photo-worthy celebration spots including panoramic views of the Smokies, a huge event lawn, an outdoor firepit overlooking the pond, and several gardens. The Chalet Lodge and the Spa Suites have a combined room count of 13, each with private bathrooms and outdoor…
Beautiful mountain lodge with 11 bedrooms (with TVs), 4 full bathrooms, and 3 half baths. Fully stocked kitchen, bar, large living room, TV room, game room, sitting room, and large sunroom that… read more
Beautiful mountain lodge with 11 bedrooms (with TVs), 4 full bathrooms, and 3 half baths. Fully stocked kitchen, bar, large living room, TV room, game room, sitting room, and large sunroom that offers a fireplace, hot tub, rocking chairs, and spectacular view of the mountains. There is a fire pit area outside with comfortable seating that faces the mountain views. All living spaces, including…
Tips for B&B Wedding Venues
When considering having a B&B wedding Asheville, there are some logistics to consider.
- Depending on size, most B&B's have the capacity to host smaller weddings. Be sure to confirm wedding size, leaving some wiggle room so guests are comfortable.
- Do tables, chairs, lighting, decor come with the B&B or do you pay an added rental fee?
- Don’t forget about elderly guests that need assistance with stairs and moving around the property.
- When planning your reception menu, check with your B&B proprietor who can be a great resource for local food catering options.
- To keep your guests entertained while they're here, see our Top 25 Things to do in Downtown Asheville or 70 Things to do Outdoors.
- If you're planning a destination wedding, see our Lodging guide for top places to stay for guests.
- For ideas for groups outings for your wedding party, see our Top Tours & Experiences in the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains.
- If you want to book a spa day with your bridal party, book well in advance. See our Top 20 Spa, Massage & Wellness.
For many other places to get married, see our Asheville Wedding Venue guide.