If you’re dreaming of a rustic wedding in Asheville or the surrounding North Carolina mountains, the options are plentiful! The popularity of barn and farm weddings is no surprise as more and more couples want a romantic ceremony with string lights, bales of hay and family-style reception. An authentic farm-style wedding is easy to achieve in our mountains. From working farms to elegant barns, find a big variety of venues with a rustic-chic charm. Photos by Meghan Rolfe.
Most rustic wedding venues are full service, with the ability to host both the ceremony and reception. Some even include on-site lodging, bridal suites, and added access to photo-friendly amenities including gardens, rolling pastures, meadows, ponds, rivers, etc. From do-it-yourself to full-service planning, there are plenty of options to personalize your big day.
Picturesque barns provide just the right amount of authentic charm on their own and don’t require a lot of decoration- a nice perk. Photo by JCM Photography.
Top Rustic Venues near Asheville
Indoor Venues:... read more
Indoor Facilities: Surrounded by walls of... read more
Tips for Rustic Weddings in Asheville
When considering a barn wedding, there are many logistics that need attention that aren’t immediately evident.
- Not all farms are set up to fully handle the electrical needs of a wedding and reception. Lighting, generators, back up ceremony tents, vendor tents, water and perimeter lighting are all factors to consider.
- Complying with noise ordinances in rural areas may affect the timing of your wedding.
- For your guests, consider the climate at the farm: weather, bugs (yes, you’re on a farm!), bathroom needs, large groups. For outdoor weddings, consider a back-up plan in the event of rain.
- Do tables, chairs, lighting, and wagons or golf carts come with the venue rental or do you pay an added rental fee?
- Don’t forget about elderly guests that need assistance with transportation around the property.
- Wedding planners are a great asset, particularly with farm weddings, as they manage all these little details for you.
- When planning your rustic reception menu, keep in mind Asheville is known for it’s fresh farm-to-table, local food.
- What to wear to a rustic wedding? From boots to blazers, high heels to sundresses, you can be creative in attire requests depending on your theme.
- To keep your guests entertained while they're here, see our Top 70 Outdoor Things To Do.
- If you're planning a destination wedding, see our Lodging guides for places to stay.
- For ideas for groups outings for your wedding party, see our Top Tours & Experiences in the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains.
- If you want to book a spa day with your bridal party, book well in advance. See our Top 20 Spa, Massage & Wellness.
For many more places to get married, see our Asheville Wedding Venue guide.