If you’re dreaming of a rustic wedding in Asheville or the surrounding North Carolina mountains, the options are plentiful! The popularity of barn and farm weddings is no surprise as more and more couples want a romantic ceremony with string lights, bales of hay and family-style reception. An authentic farm-style wedding is easy to achieve in our mountains. From working farms to elegant barns, find a big variety of venues with a rustic-chic charm. Photo by Meghan Rolfe.
Most rustic wedding venues are full service, with the ability to host both the ceremony and reception. Some even include on-site lodging, bridal suites, and added access to photo-friendly amenities including gardens, rolling pastures, meadows, ponds, rivers, etc. From do-it-yourself to full-service planning, there are plenty of options to personalize your big day. Photo by Meghan Rolfe.
Picturesque barns provide just the right amount of authentic charm on their own and don’t require a lot of decoration- a nice perk. Photo by JCM Photography.
Top Rustic Wedding Venues near Asheville
Indoor... read more
Indoor Facilities: Surrounded by walls... read more
Tips for Rustic Weddings in Asheville
When considering a barn wedding, there are many logistics that need attention that aren’t immediately evident.
- Not all farms are set up to fully handle the electrical needs of a wedding and reception. Lighting, generators, back up ceremony tents, vendor tents, water and perimeter lighting are all factors to consider.
- Complying with noise ordinances in rural areas may affect the timing of your wedding.
- For your guests, consider the climate at the farm: weather, bugs (yes, you’re on a farm!), bathroom needs, large groups. For outdoor weddings, consider a back-up plan in the event of rain.
- Do tables, chairs, lighting, and wagons or golf carts come with the venue rental or do you pay an added rental fee?
- Don’t forget about elderly guests that need assistance with transportation around the property.
- Wedding planners are a great asset, particularly with farm weddings, as they manage all these little details for you.
- When planning your rustic reception menu, keep in mind Asheville is known for its fresh farm-to-table, local food.
- What to wear to a rustic wedding? From boots to blazers, high heels to sundresses, you can be creative in attire requests depending on your theme.
- To keep your guests entertained while they're here, see our Top 70 Outdoor Things To Do.
- If you're planning a destination wedding, see our Lodging guides for places to stay.
- For ideas for groups outings for your wedding party, see our Top Tours & Experiences in the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains.
- If you want to book a spa day with your bridal party, book well in advance. See our Top 20 Spa, Massage & Wellness.
For many more places to get married, see our Asheville Wedding Venue guide.