May 2020: All trails along the Parkway are open! However, due to COVID-19 health concerns, the Visitor Center, restrooms, picnic areas, facilities, stores, campgrounds, and some roads along the Parkway remain closed. For more details, see the National Park Service website.
Stops along the Blue Ridge Parkway are measured by mileposts (MPs). Here's a route to follow to see all 12, from north to south, with full listings below:
- MP 316.3: Linville Falls with hikes to four vistas.
- MP 339.5: Crabtree Falls via 3-mile roundtrip hike.
- MP 344: Detour on NC Highway 80 for Roaring Fork Falls and Setrock Creek Falls.
- MP 362.1: Glassmine Falls, viewed from the overlook.
- MP 412: Detour south on US Highway 276 to Log Hollow Falls (6.2 miles) and Looking Glass Falls (10 miles).
- MP 417: 1/2-mile hike to Skinny Dip Falls, a popular summer swimming hole.
- MP 418.8: Short hike to Second Falls at Graveyard Fields.
- MP 423.3: Exit on NC Highway 215 for 4.6 miles to Dill Falls.
- MP 455.7: Go one mile on U.S. Highway 19 for Soco Falls near Cherokee.