What is glamping? It’s a combination of glamour and camping, or luxury camping, satisfying both the city slicker and nature lover. Arrive to a fully set up mountain campsite in our Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, no assembly or equipment required. You’ll be delighted at the ease and the extra time to play outdoors.
In the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, experience a big variety of glamping options near endless options for waterfalls, hiking, whitewater rafting, ziplining, biking, fishing and swimming in Pisgah and Nantahala National Forests. You’ll also be a short drive away from Asheville, Biltmore, Blue Ridge Parkway and our western NC small towns.
Most glamping sites include the basics: weatherproof shelter, chairs, fire ring and picnic table. Stay in tents on platforms, yurts and more. Inside, find comfortable beds - often with sheets and towels. Not all glampsites are created equal, so amenities vary greatly. While some glamping communities offer resort-like packages, others keep it simple.
Blue Ridge Mountain Glamping Tips
Here are some tips to help you plan:
- Confirm the amenities offered at your glampsite including water, electric and bathroom facilities. Are linens included?
- Ask for a list of suggested things to bring (like flashlights, firewood & matches, cooler, cooking supplies, etc)
- Ask your host about nearby grocery stores, restaurants and things to do.
- Make reservations well in advance, especially on summer weekends and the fall.
- Some glamping sites have room for an extra tent or sleeping bags for additional guests or family members.