If you love to find waterfalls in western North Carolina, the Asheville area is the place for you! While there are hundreds of cascades in the "Land of the Waterfalls," these are our 60+ favorite waterfalls (each with full page guides, photos and videos) in our Blue Ridge Mountains. They are both beautiful and easy to find. Most of the waterfalls are not signed (on national park or forest land), so take our directions with you! BE SAFE, do not climb rock faces or dive into the water. And do not wade in water above a waterfall since you could be swept over - see our waterfall and hiking safety tips. To find several in one area, go to our Waterfall Maps & Drives. Enjoy!
See Pisgah Field School for guided hikes and small tours for waterfalls & wine, stargazing, sunsets and more in the Brevard area, presented by the nonprofit Cradle of Forestry in America Interpretive Association.
Waterfalls Near Asheville in the NC Mountains
NC Mountain Regions
You can also narrow your search above by region:
- East (Black Mountain, Chimney Rock, Morganton)
- North (Burnsville, Hot Springs, Madison City, Mt. Mitchell)
- South (Brevard, Hendersonville, Saluda, Tryon)
- West (Bryson City, Cherokee, Highlands, Sylva, Waynesville)
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park (includes more options for West)
- Blue Ridge Parkway (also see our Top 12 Parkway Waterfalls)