Get married in our romantic Blue Ridge Mountains! Here are our top places for weddings in Asheville and nearby western North Carolina towns. These venues graciously accommodate your wishes for a ceremony or reception, along with banquets, group dinners, and family reunions. We are a hot spot for destination dream weddings, bringing in family and friends from across the country to create a vacation for everyone (see our top things to do)! Find the most scenic locations indoors and outdoors including lakes, farms, and barns. Or head to downtown Asheville with many hotels and restaurants within walking distance. Photo above by Meghan Rolfe.
Also find resources like officiants, planners, and photographers on our Wedding Planners & Other Services guide. For information on how to get a wedding license, go to the bottom of this page. If just two (or so) of you, see our Elopement Guide. Also, find Wedding Lodging and Bachelorette Party Ideas.
Places to Get Married, Officiants, Planners, Photography
Bent Creek Lodge
Elope at this secluded bed & breakfast nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains amidst a wooded setting with gardens, plus access to over 200 acres of hiking trails and the Blue Ridge Parkway. They offer 4 all-inclusive wedding packages that can include lodging, breakfast for up to 20, as well as onsite coordinator, officiant, photography, cake, champagne, and more. The chef and staff can also… read more
This elegant and romantic castle features original hardwood floors, cherry walls, grand Appalachian stone fireplaces and alabaster sconces. Luminous wrought iron chandeliers cast graceful lighting from the 20-ft. ceiling of the Great Room. Located one mile north of downtown, Homewood is nestled in the historic neighborhood of Montford and offers abundant, free parking.Homewood's pricing… read more
JuneBug Asheville, Weaverville
Located on a 50-acre property 12 minutes north of downtown Asheville, this unique venue offers two ceremony sites. Walnut Cove can host up to 150 guests and includes the rental of 10 vintage… read more
Century Room on the Park, Asheville
Beautiful turn-of-the-century banquet hall overlooking Pack Square Park in downtown Asheville. High ceilings, exposed-wood trusses and brick walls create a wonderful atmosphere for your event.… read more
Claxton Farm, Weaverville
This unique event barn and the surrounding fields, located on a 500-acre conservation easement, offer a pristine setting perfect for a formal or casual wedding ceremony and reception year-round.… read more
Yonder Wedding Rentals
Weddings deserve a beautiful and unique location. Choose from a variety of luxury vacation homes with unique locations for a personalized wedding experience. With an abundance of settings… read more
Hidden River Events, Asheville
Farmland offers panoramic views of the mountains along the Swannanoa River in one of the most scenic valleys in the region. On-site housing for up to 84 guests, with all-inclusive wedding packages… read more
Crest Center & Pavilion, Asheville
Situated on a mountaintop overlooking Asheville, the Main Hall features 86 feet of windows facing west toward the Blue Ridge Parkway. Adjacent to a waterfall, the glass-enclosed Pavilion has 360… read more
Rumbling Bald Weddings, Lake Lure
Get married on the beach or indoors with spectacular Lake Lure and mountain views of the Hickory Nut Gorge. Find many amenities, including golf, swimming, spa, boating, hiking, biking and more.… read more
NC Arboretum Weddings, Asheville
Get married at one of the nation’s most beautiful public gardens. The NC Arboretum’s Green Wedding options include elegantly designed landscapes, sculptures, mountain views and charming indoor… read more
The Willow House and Social Barn, Maggie Valley
This creekside venue features a handcrafted rustic-yet-modern barn, waterfall, covered bridge and views of the Great Smoky Mountains. The ideal location for a wedding weekend with lodging for the… read more
Celine and Company (On Broadway), Asheville
This downtown Asheville venue in the Historic Broadway Arts Building offers an elegant setting for traditional to modern decor. Chef Kim Lloyd and the exceptional staff personally guide, from the… read more
Bend of Ivy Lodge, Marshall
Tucked into the Blue Ridge Mountains, this intimate, scenic property provides couples the space for a perfect boutique wedding. Bend of Ivy has a design feel of Asian zen with Italian rolling… read more
Yesterday Spaces, Asheville
A sophisticated wedding venue in a rustic setting, 12 miles from downtown Asheville! Natural, comfortable spaces for ceremonies, receptions, and rehearsal dinners. Indoor Venues: Elegant fully-… read more
The Three Seven, Downtown Waynesville
This beautiful historic ballroom in the heart of downtown Waynesville offers a stunning ceremony and reception space with a large chandelier and delicate touches. They offer elopement, micro-… read more
Laughing Waters Retreat, Hickory Nut Gorge
A jewel in the midst of 200 protected acres near Chimney Rock and Lake Lure, 25 minutes southeast of Asheville. Part of a green, sustainable eco-community. Experience the peaceful and rejuvenating… read more
Biltmore Estate Weddings, Asheville
Picture an enchanted evening against the backdrop of America’s largest home, or a celebration in a pristine setting surrounded by nature’s beauty. Biltmore offers a variety of romantic locations,… read more
Hilton Biltmore Park Weddings, Asheville
Located in the Biltmore Park neighborhood, this hotel has many options in an urban village in south Asheville. With luxurious amenities, large reception venues and a fantastic menu that can be… read more
Highland Brewing Weddings, Asheville
Brews, views and I Dos! Asheville's original craft brewery, Highland Brewing, features an industrial chic private event center - including a fabulous Rooftop – perfect for weddings, rehearsal… read more
Highland Lake Inn & Resort, Hendersonville
Natural beauty and southern hospitality combine to create a magical place to say "I do." Garden-centered cuisine, casually elegant lodging accommodations and a staff dedicated to fulfilling your… read more
Nuptials For Nature: SAHC Community Farm, Alexander
This picturesque venue sits on 135 acres of protected farmland, offering scenic mountain views and rolling fields with a varied selection of indoor and outdoor facilities and amenities. The 150… read more
Doubletree Hotel Weddings, Asheville
Classic, yet modern, hotel near Biltmore Estate features a stately ballroom with 20 ft. ceilings. Decorated in the rich hues of the Arts and Crafts period. Grand private entrance leads to elegant… read more
AC Hotel Weddings, Asheville
European soul meets laid-back Carolina style at this design-rich hotel in the heart of downtown Asheville, just a block from Pack Square. Their 132 contemporary, upscale guestrooms especially … read more
Residences at Biltmore, Asheville
The conveniently located Residences at Biltmore offers an on-site wedding venue near downtown Asheville and Biltmore. Ideal for those planning a smaller destination wedding, they offer a total… read more
Aloft Hotel Weddings, Asheville
Celebrate your wedding at this downtown Asheville hotel. Book discounted hotel rooms for your group, too. Outdoor Facilities: Air Level has over 2,000 sq. ft. of space with stunning views all the… read more
The Farm- A Gathering Place, Candler
Originally a family farm, this flexible venue for weddings, reception, rehearsal dinners and dances offers multiple event spaces, in-house coordination, rustic and elegant cabins and cottages for… read more
Weddings at The Omni Grove Park Inn, Asheville
Surrounded by more than a century of historic grandeur, this legendary hotel features many distinctive venues, including outdoor terraces with majestic views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Omni… read more
The Swag, Waynesville
Perfect for elopements, engagements, vow renewals and honeymoons, this top-rated mountaintop inn has a private entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. The relaxing setting at 5,000… read more
Diamond Falls Preserve, Bat Cave
Surrounded by a variety of gorgeous natural landscapes, this venue offers an idyllic spot for a simple, intimate wedding in the mountains for up to 100 guests. The field offers wide open space… read more
Chimney Rock Park Weddings
Whether on top of the Chimney with a 75-mile panoramic view, at the base of a 404-ft. waterfall, surrounded by majestic cliffs, or in a silent grove, Chimney Rock State Park offers a unique… read more
More Asheville Wedding Ideas
- Looking for a great place to pop the question? See the Top 10 Places to Propose at Biltmore or the Best Mountain Views.
- For your honeymoon, stay at a top rated hotel, mountain cabin or romantic B&B.
- Elope! See our guide to the best places and tips for eloping in Asheville.
- For very fun ideas for bachelorette and bachelor parties, see our Top 25 Guided Tours. Our top pick is LaZoom Comedy Tours on a festive purple bus with zany performers. Haunted evening tours and extra festive beer and band tours too!
- The South Slope Brewing District in Asheville is a popular celebration area for a craft brewery walking tour.
Getting a Marriage License in Asheville
Marriage Licenses are issued during business hours (8 AM-5 PM) at the Buncombe County Register of Deeds Office at 205 College Street, Asheville. Arrive by 4:30 PM. For more info, call 828-250-4301.
- To obtain a license, both parties must be present with valid photo identification AND Social Security Cards. (See "laws" below for alternative forms of ID.)
- The license is valid for 60 days from the date of issue and can be used for marriage anywhere within the state of North Carolina.
- The fee for the Marriage License is $60 and can be paid with cash/check/Visa/MasterCard.
- For your convenience, you may complete the Online Marriage License Application from home prior to your visit. The Application can also be completed upon arrival at the Register of Deeds office.
- Once the ceremony is performed, the completed license must be returned to the Register of Deeds Office within 10 days. A certificate of marriage can then be issued.
- See North Carolina Marriage Laws below for more.
Getting Married in the Asheville Courthouse
Once you obtain a marriage license (see below), marriages can be performed by a civil magistrate on the 2nd floor of the Buncombe County Courthouse (60 Court Plaza, Asheville). The magistrate is generally available to perform marriages on weekdays at 8:30 AM and 4 PM. However, this is not always the case, so it is advisable to call the magistrate’s office before arriving to ensure that he will be available. The fee is $20, payable in cash only. For more information, please call the magistrate’s office at 828-259-3407. You will need two witnesses.
If you would like to get married after business hours or on the weekend, you may be able to do so by a criminal magistrate at the Buncombe County Jail. Please contact the criminal magistrate’s office at 828-250-4690 for more information.
North Carolina Marriage Laws
- There is no waiting period to be married in North Carolina. Once the license is issued by the Register of Deeds Office it is good for only 60 days.
- Persons need not be residents of this state to marry in this state.
- The person performing the marriage ceremony must return both completed license to the Register of Deeds Office in the county where the license was originally issued or be subject to a $200 fine. The 2 (two) witnesses must include their addresses on both the original and copy of the license. A license issued in one County may be used in any county in North Carolina.
- The Marriage License fee set by N. C. Law, is currently $60.
- A Physician’s Health Certificate of Blood Test is not required.
- The Register of Deeds shall require proof of age from all persons making application for a marriage license. A person between 18 and 21 years of age is required to present a certified birth certificate. Persons 21 or older may present any one of the following forms of ID: Drivers license, military ID, passport, state ID or a certified birth certificate.
- The Register may accept a Social Security Number from a social security card or one of the following with the number on it:
- A W-2 Form
- A paycheck stub
- Military discharge
- Medicaid/Medicare Card
- Voter’s Registration Card containing their Social Security Number.
- Health Insurance Card containing their Social Security Number
- An Internal Revenue Service (W-7 Form) or an affidavit of ineligibility is acceptable for anyone . who has never had a Social Security Number and are not entitled to one. (Such affidavits are good for 60 days only.
- Persons 16 or 17 years of age must submit a certified copy of their birth certificate and at least one parent, or legal guardian with full or joint custody, who have proper identification, and who will give their written consent (on the marriage applications) and meet the above requirements.
- All other persons under the age of 16 years must call the Register of Deeds Office for information regarding a marriage license. Persons under the age 14 may not marry regardless of circumstances.
- A North Carolina Marriage may be performed or solemnized by the following only:
- An Ordained Minister
- A Minister Authorized by his church
- A District Court Magistrate
- By the Society of Friends, according to customs of the Society
- By a local Spiritual Assembly of the Baha is in accordance to the usage of their religious community.
- By any person authorized by any religious denomination or of any recognized Indian Nation or Tribe.
- A Marriage must be witnessed by 2 (two) people who are present at the marriage. The Witnesses must place their names and addresses on the original and the copy of this license in legible handwriting and in ink.
- Once the marriage has been performed and both copies of the License returned to the Register of Deeds Office, a Certificate of Marriage may be obtained upon request. Each certified certificate is currently $10.
- Same sex marriages were legalized in North Carolina in 2014.
- Common Law & Bigamous Marriages are void in North Carolina.
- Marriages of person’s nearer kin than first cousins are unlawful in North Carolina.