Asheville is known for its eccentric and lively downtown. The diverse mix of culture, music, and art has dubbed Asheville “The Paris of the South,” and what’s more romantic than Paris? Having your wedding in downtown Asheville or any one of our cool small towns in the mountains gives you a taste of the local flavor, with plenty to do and see.
Urban wedding venues in the Blue Ridge Mountains come in all shapes and sizes. Downtown wedding venues in Asheville can include rooftop weddings, contemporary hotel venues, historical buildings, breweries and more. Most of these venues display dramatic skyline views of the city and surrounding mountains.
If you’re planning a destination wedding in Asheville, consider an upscale hotel in the heart of the city. Having your wedding, reception and overnight stay at one venue is like pressing the “easy” button since many hotels provide in-house wedding services and make your big day a little easier.
There are many other unique wedding and downtown reception venues on the outskirts of downtown Asheville, like the River Arts District. This collection of old industrial warehouses turned art studios, galleries, shops and breweries are located along the French Broad River. The impressive and colorful murals covering the buildings are courtesy of the area’s graffiti artists, making it a contemporary hotspot for gallery weddings and industrial weddings in Asheville.
Photo by JCM Photography
West Asheville, a popular and funky neighborhood across the French Broad River from downtown, has its own bustling mainstreet with contemporary wedding venues like lounges, music halls, industrial buildings, and breweries. These wedding spots offer plenty of parking and walkability for your guests.
South Asheville’s Biltmore Park Town Square is an urban village with hotels, eateries, spas, cafes, boutiques and more. It’s conveniently located close to the airport with easy access to the highway and just 15 minutes from Biltmore, Blue Ridge Parkway and downtown Asheville.
Our many surrounding small towns offer their own downtown wedding venues with an extra dose of charm for your rooftop wedding in the mountains.
Top Downtown Wedding Venues in Asheville
Tips for Downtown Asheville Weddings
When considering having your wedding in downtown Asheville, there are some logistics worth considering.
- Downtown wedding venues are limited with parking, so plan ahead. Check with your event space to see what options you have for accommodating guests who need parking.
- Don’t forget about elderly guests that need assistance with stairs.
- When planning your downtown reception menu, keep in mind Asheville is known for it’s fresh farm-to-table, local food.
- To keep your guests entertained while they're here, see our Top 25 Things to do in Downtown Asheville.
- If you're planning a destination wedding, see Downtown Hotels in Asheville for guest accommodations. Many offer discounted rates for wedding groups.
- For ideas for groups outings for your wedding party, see our Top Tours & Experiences in the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains.
- If you want to book a spa day with your bridal party, book well in advance. See our Top 20 Spa, Massage & Wellness.
For many other places to get married, see our Asheville Wedding Venue guide.