Families from all over come to Asheville because of its many family-friendly activities like hiking, rafting, camping, ziplines, waterfalls, swimming holes and more. While most all Asheville restaurants welcome families with their kiddos, there are some that stand out for having extras for kids.
Many parents know the stress of taking the family out to eat, especially when you have small children. Keeping the kids entertained long enough to enjoy a meal is somewhat of a juggling act where parents worry about letting their kids be kids. A children's menu with crayons doesn’t always cut it. Don't fret! Below you’ll find many kid-friendly restaurant options with extra “kid perks” like more casual settings with outdoor space, play areas, arcade games and more.
Tips for eating out with kids in Asheville
- Bring along a bag of activities for kids to enjoy at the table like coloring books, markers, board games, cards, play-dough or puzzles. Some restaurants have larger outdoor spaces with room to bring along things like chalk, bubbles, bouncy balls, toy trucks or cars.
- Check the restaurant's Facebook page for events and weekly specials like "Kids Eat Free" or discount nights.
- Does your child have allergies? Many Asheville Restaurants offer gluten-free, vegan, and other options for kids with allergies.
- Plan ahead and make reservations to avoid a long waitlist. During the warmer months (peak season), many restaurants operate on a waitlist all day due to the volume of visitors to the region.
- Asheville’s breweries and cideries are also very family-friendly with large indoor and outdoor spaces, giving kids plenty of room to play. Breweries often have food trucks on-site, allowing parents to enjoy craft beer and food in a family-friendly, relaxed setting. See our Brewery Guide, along with our Food Truck guide for more info.
- Looking for family-friendly hotels and lodging? See our guide here.
See more pages from our Family Guide: Top 20 Family Vacations | Kid-Friendly Hikes | Waterfalls for Kids | Biltmore for Kids | Family-Friendly Hotels & Lodging | Top 20 Indoor Activities for Kids | Hands-On Learning & Children's Museums | Kids in Parks | Places for Kid's Birthday Parties| Overnight Summer Camps | Day & Half-Day Summer Camps | Family Date Ideas
See more Restaurants by Category.