With so many families in Asheville and Western NC, there are a variety of places to have a child's birthday party whether you are having a big birthday bash or a smaller party with a handful of kiddos. You’ll also find a varying selection of unique birthday party ideas for girls and boys including traditional places like skating rinks, trampoline parks, and arcades to more outdoor, hands-on birthday party venues like outdoor centers, animal habitats, and ziplines.
Asheville's Fun Depot
Why have your child’s birthday party at a venue? For one, most birthday locations have the capacity to entertain anywhere from 10 to 30 kids. They offer a safe facility with activities, party games, and more so parents can focus on the birthday child without worrying about set-up, clean-up and everything in between. While some birthday party packages seem expensive, consider the time, expense and details that go into a child’s birthday party.
The Pirate Room at Mountain Play Lodge
Many birthday party places in Asheville offer packages that include things like themed parties, private rooms, a designated birthday host, birthday decorations, balloons, etc. Some offer package upgrades that include food, drink, paper products, party favors for guests and essentially everything but the birthday cake. (Find ideas for birthday cakes and sweet treats with our Donuts, Desserts and Ice Cream Guide, including bakeries.)
Below you’ll find Asheville’s top birthday party locations, including other notable venues in Western NC that offer a variety of unique settings, themes, activities for kids of all ages and interests.
Top Birthday Party Venues for Kids
Tips for Kid Birthday Parties in Asheville:
- Book your party well in advance. Many places require you to book at least 2-4 weeks before event.
- Get details on exactly what is included in your birthday party package. Will they include things like birthday invitations, paper products, cutlery, a cake knife, ice, access to refrigerator and freezer for things like cake and ice cream?
- Many places include a number of guests in the package price. Be sure to account for adults and younger siblings. Some places don’t charge for children under a certain age.
- If you have a dedicated birthday party host included in your package, what are their duties? Will they just help with set-up and clean-up? Some locations offer hosts who entertain and guide kids in structured activities, games, and more.
- Is outside food allowed? Most venues allow outside cake and ice cream, but require you purchase food through them.
- Can you upgrade your package to include things like pizza, soda, juice boxes and paper goods? Some packages offer fun upgrade options like face painting, inflatables, birthday gift bags, t-shirts and more.
- Do any birthday party guests have severe food allergies? Check in with parents about allergies and options. Be sure venue is aware if you plan to purchase food through them.
- Is a private room included in the package? Will it have a table and chairs? Do you need to bring any decorations? Some places have party rooms ready to go with wall murals, decor, balloons and more.
- Arrive early to check in, set up and get a feel for the space before the birthday party crew arrives!
- Ask for a cart to help load up things like coolers, bags, gifts, cake and more when you arrive and depart. This makes things easy when you have a lot going on and many kids around.
See more pages from our Family Guide: Top 20 Family Vacation Ideas | Biltmore for Kids | Kid-Friendly Hikes | Waterfalls for Kids | Family-Friendly Hotels & Lodging | Top 20 Indoor Activities for Kids | Kids in Parks | Overnight Summer Camps | Day & Half-Day Summer Camps