Asheville and our Blue Ridge Mountains offer a big variety of places to stay for an extra special family vacation, including kid-friendly resorts, hotels and cabins. Many even have special itineraries and activities for children. For example, Biltmore’s Village Hotel (photo above) is located in their Antler Hill Village that includes a farm with a barn, playground, chickens, goats, horses and sheep. See our Biltmore for Kids Guide for more info.
Grove Park Inn, courtesy of Sarah Elizabeth Reuter
Family-friendly resorts in Asheville like the Omni Grove Park Inn has a kid’s program where upon check-in, kids receive a backpack with fun items like art supplies, binoculars and games. They also receive milk and cookies their first night. They also offer outdoor program options to keep kids 5-12 occupied while parents enjoy adult amenities like the golf course, spa or drinks on sunset terrace.
Some hotels offer the added convenience of a complimentary breakfast, another perk for family's gearing up to go explore Asheville and the Blue Ridge Mountains. Many cabins and vacation homes are a great option for families with modern amenities, like full kitchens, firepits, boardgames, hot tubs, free Wi-Fi & TV (family movie night!), and private outdoor spaces. If you find particular family-friendly attractions that appeal to you, focus on option convenient to that area of western North Carolina.
Family-Friendly Places to Stay in Asheville & Blue Ridge Mountains
Tips for Family Vacations in Asheville and Blue Ridge Mountains
- Most hotels offer connected rooms with extra space for things like Pack N Plays and extra luggage, be sure to ask for family-friendly rooms.
- Many hotels and family resorts in Asheville offer kid amenities like arcade games, pool toys, kid’s clubs, kid spaces and more. Call ahead so you know all your options.
- Kids get dirty! Having laundry service or a free washer and dryer can go a long way.
- Be sure to ask for a room with a kitchenette, microwave and refrigerator for beverages, snack storage and easy meal prep or reheating leftovers.
- Plan ahead with our Family-Friendly Guide for a wide variety of things to do in Western NC.
- Plan ahead and check out our list of Festivals & Events in Western NC. Many are free and have activities for kids and the whole family.
- Find ideas on our 300 Things to Do in Asheville & Western NC page.
See more pages from our Family Guide: 20 Family Vacation Ideas | Kid-Friendly Hikes | Waterfalls for Kids | Biltmore for Kids | Family-Friendly Hotels & Lodging | Top 20 Indoor Activities for Kids | Kids in Parks | Places for Kid's Birthday Parties| Overnight Summer Camps in WNC | Day & Half-Day Summer Camps in WNC | Family Date Ideas