Though Asheville has long been a romantic getaway for couples, the Blue Ridge Mountains offer family-friendly resorts, hotels, cabins and more nearby outdoor family adventure, museums, and attractions. So put those phones away and experience family friendly Asheville fun!
Grove Park Inn, courtesty of Sarah Elizabeth Reuter
Hotels in Asheville and the Blue Ridge Mountains often have special itineraries for kids. For example, Biltmore’s Village Hotel is located next to their Antler Hill Farm with chickens, roosters, goats, horses and sheep. The village also has a playground, ice-cream shop, kid activities and indoor kid spaces. For the house tour, ask for the special kid's audio tour. There is no admission charge for children ages 9 and under.
Family-friendly resorts in Asheville like the Omni Grove Park Inn has a kid’s program where upon check-in, kids receive a backpack with fun items like art supplies, binoculars and games. They also receive milk and cookies their first night. They also offer outdoor program options to keep kids 5-12 occupied while parents enjoy adult amenities like the golf course, spa or drinks on sunset terrace.
Some hotels offer the added convenience of a complimentary breaksfast, another perk for family's gearing up to go explore Asheville and the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Many cabins and vacation homes are a great option for families, some with the added perk of being nearby family-friendly attractions like Chimney Rock, Sliding Rock and Great Smoky Mountain Railroad. Cabins and vacation homes have space for the family, along with modern amenities, like full kitchens, fireplaces, hot tubs, free Wi-Fi & TV (family movie night!), and private outdoor spaces. Many family-friendly cabins in and around Asheville offer fun indoor and outdoor activities like cornhole, horseshoe, board games, ping-pong tables, pools and passes for local attractions.
Family-Friendly Places to Stay in Asheville & Blue Ridge Mountains
Tips for Family Vacations in Asheville and Blue Ridge Mountains
- Most hotels offer connected rooms with extra space for things like Pack N Plays and extra luggage, be sure to ask for family-friendly rooms.
- Many hotels and family resorts in Asheville offer kid amenities like arcade games, pool toys, kid’s clubs, kid spaces and more. Call ahead so you know all your options.
- Kids get dirty! Having laundry service or a free washer and dryer can go a long way.
- Be sure to ask for a room with a kitchenette, microwave and refrigerator for beverages, snack storage and easy meal prep or reheating leftovers.
- Plan ahead with our Family-Friendly Guide for a wide variety of things to do in Western NC.
- Plan ahead and check out our list of Festivals & Events in Western NC. Many are free and have activities for kids and the whole family.
- Find ideas on our 300 Things to Do in Asheville & Western NC page.