The Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend (November 28-December 1, 2019) in Asheville and the North Carolina mountains is a feast of fun. Here are our top things to do. Of course, eating is number one! Since it's one of our busiest weekends of the year, be sure to make lodging and dining reservations well in advance!
Thanksgiving Day (Nov 28, 2019) Restaurants & Buffets
While many Asheville area restaurants are closed, there are still many great local choices for a brunch, lunch or dinner on Turkey Day. Click on the names to go to their web sites. Prices & hours often change a little, so check with the restaurant.
- Biltmore Estate Restaurants. Requires estate admission ticket or 12-month pass to dine. Make reservations at least several weeks in advance.
- Deerpark 11 AM-5 PM: Extravagant Thanksgiving buffet, reservations required (and books up fastest). Usually $55-$60/person.
- Bistro (at Winery) 11:30 AM-9 PM: Gourmet three-course prix fixe menu.
- Stable Café (by House) 11 AM-4 PM: Menu with most popular lunch items, plus a number of holiday offerings. Phone: 828-225-6370.
- Cedric’s Tavern (Antler Village) 11 AM-9 PM: Regular lunch and dinner menus, plus three-course menu. Phone: 828-225-1320.
- Go to the Biltmore Website for online reservations. See our Christmas at Biltmore Guide to plan your day.
- Omni Grove Park Inn Restaurants: Reserve online or call 1-800-438-5800 weeks in advance
- Blue Ridge Dining Room: 12-8 PM Buffet feast with views of the mountains, Adults $70, children 6-12 $30
- Grand Ballroom Buffet: 10:45 AM-6:45 PM, Phenomenal Buffet, Adults $70, children 6-12 $30
- EDISON, craft ales + kitchen: 11 AM–11 PM with special turkey plate w/dessert, Adults $55, children 6-12 $30
- Vue 1913: 2-9:30 PM, Gourmet Thanksgiving 3-course menu, $80/person
- Read more about Grove Park Inn
Below are 2018 restaurant offerings. They will be similar for 2019 if you are planning ahead. We will update this list as we get this year's info - usually by Oct 1st.
- Grand Bohemian Hotel: (Biltmore Village) 2019 offering with two choices: The Red Stag Grill presents an elegant, four-course a la carte menu, 11:30 AM-9 PM, $80 adult & $25/children 2-12. Complementary glass of seasonal mimosa or champagne. The grand Kessler Ballroom has an elegant buffet, reservations times 12-3 PM, $70/adult & $35/children. Free for kids 5 & under. They will book up several weeks in advance. Open Table reservation book ready by September 1. Or call 828-398-5600.
- Season's at Highland Lake Inn in Flat Rock, big 2019 Thanksgiving Buffet 11 AM-7 PM, $52/adults, $26/child ages 6-11, 5 and under free. Live music. Local's favorite. Reservations required. 1-800-758-8130
- Roux: (South Asheville) Traditional Thanksgiving buffet including delicious selections of roasted all-natural NC turkey with orange-cranberry relish, baked ham with maple-bourbon glaze. 1–7 PM. Adults $38/person, $17/child 12 and under. Located in the Hilton Hotel Biltmore Park. Reservations at 828-209-2715.
- DoubleTree Hotel's Thanksgiving Buffet features seasonal classics with an elegant twist. Biltmore Village. 1:30-6 PM. Adults $42; Children $16 (12 & under). Reservations at 828-274-1800
- The Blackbird: Modern Southern 3-course menu at $65/adult, $15/children under 12, 11 AM-8 PM, downtown.
- The Esmeralda Inn in Chimney Rock, 2019 Thanksgiving plated meal with seatings 11 AM- 5 PM. $49.95/adults, $20/children. Free for children 5 & under. Reservations required.
- Storm Rhum Bar & Bistro, downtown, 3-course prix fixe menu $50/person with choice of heritage breed turkey, beef, pork or fish. They serve 2-7 PM and the bar will be open until midnight. Reservations only so book early 828-505-8560.
- Isa’s Bistro, 12-5 PM, 3-course prix fixe menu $55, downtown.
- Strada Italiano, 11 AM-8 PM, Italian family recipes a la carte, reservations and walk-ins. Social Lounge next door open 3 PM-Midnight, downtown
- Carmels, a la carte Southern inspired menu, Grove Arcade downtown, 12 Noon-8 PM
- Pack's Tavern, 2019 Thanksgiving Buffet upstairs and downstairs with turkey, ham, trimmings and plenty of beer choices. Located on Pack Square Park downtown, 11 AM-8 PM. $39.99/adults, $19.99/children under 12. Good option for large groups. Reservations and walk-ins welcome. Call 828-225-6944.
- Greystone Inn: Dine waterside on Lake Toxaway near Brevard at this luxury resort. 3-course dinner with 3 options each, $55/person, 12-5 PM.
- Mountain Magnolia Inn in Hot Springs, 2019 Thanksgiving Harvest Dinner served from 11:30 AM-5:30 PM inside historic inn. 4-Course Meal is $70/adult, $25/children.
- Tryon International Equestrian Center, buffet at Legends Grill, 11 AM-4 PM, $35.95/adult & $15.95/children. Also available at their Lodge on Lake Lure. Call 828-863-1000 for reservations.
- Cornerstone (102 Tunnel Road, Asheville) is our favorite diner in town. They will have several specials with choice of sides. 7:30 AM-9 PM. No reservations accepted.
Holiday Packages / Places to Stay: See our holiday vacation packages page for the latest holiday vacation packages, deals and specials. Also see our list of the bests hotels, bed and breakfast inns and cabin rentals in Asheville and the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Make reservations early!
Biltmore Estate: The Biltmore House is open for tours on Thanksgiving Day. All estate restaurants (see above) are open. It's a busy weekend on the estate, so get tickets well ahead. They usually sell-out for the entire weekend. See our Christmas at Biltmore Guide.
Pick your Christmas Tree: Go to a "choose and cut" Tree Farm to pick the perfect one for your home on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. All are closed on Thanksgiving Day. Many farms offer hayrides and other activities. See our Asheville Christmas Tree Farms Guide.
Downtown Asheville: Most all downtown stores are closed on Thanksgiving. But there's plenty of holiday shopping on Friday and Saturday to find those special gifts. Browse through more than 200 shops, 30 art galleries and a dozen antique stores. Free parking on streets and city parking decks on Thanksgiving Day and Friday. See our Downtown Asheville Guide.
More Shopping: Biltmore Village is home to more than 40 shops in historic cottages and buildings. Asheville is a mecca for artists, so this is the place to find one-of-a-kind gifts. Head to the Folk Art Center and the River Arts District. See our Gallery Guide. Also see our Antique Shopping Guide.
Small Towns: If you prefer the quaint small towns and friendly "Mayberry" Main Streets, explore our cool small towns throughout our mountains.
Get Outdoors: #optoutside! Take a late fall hike and enjoy views through with leafless trees, cool temperatures, and few fellow hikers. See our hiking guide for top picks. All trails and waterfalls in the National Forests and Parks are open every day.
- Green Friday at Adventure Center of Asheville (near downtown): Ages 4+ zip at KidZip or climb at Treetops Park. Ages 10+ ride Zipline Canopy Tours as well as advanced challenges in the Treetops Park. 50% of all revenue donated for environmental causes in WNC.
- Some ski resorts will open if weather is cold enough.
National Parks: Both Blue Ridge Parkway and Great Smoky Mountains National Park are open on Thanksgiving Day, weather permitting. The Oconaluftee Visitor Center in the Great Smokies is open on Thanksgiving Day.
More Happenings: See our Top Holiday Outings for more things to do!