The Thanksgiving Holiday Weekend in Asheville and the North Carolina mountains is a feast of fun. Here are our top things to do. Of course, eating is number one! Since it's one of our busiest weekends of the year, be sure to make lodging and dining reservations well in advance!
Thanksgiving Day (Nov 25, 2021) Restaurants & Buffets
While many Asheville area restaurants are closed, there are still many great local choices for brunch, lunch, or dinner on Turkey Day. Prices & hours often change a little, so check with the restaurant.
- Season's at Highland Lake Inn in Flat Rock, 2021 Thanksgiving Buffet 10:30 AM-6 PM, $58/adults, $29/child ages 6-11, 5, and under free. Local's favorite. Reservations required. 1-800-758-8130. They are also offering Thanksgiving meals to-go.
- Pack's Tavern 2021 Thanksgiving Buffet upstairs and downstairs with turkey, ham, trimmings, dessert, and plenty of beer choices. Located on Pack Square Park downtown, 11 AM-8 PM. $49.99/adults, $24.99/children under 10. A good option for large groups. Reservations (the last reservation time is 6 pm) and walk-ins welcome. Call 828-225-6944.
- Greystone Inn: 2021: Dine waterside on Lake Toxaway near Brevard at this luxury resort. 3-course dinner with 3 options each, $60/person, 12-8 PM. For reservations call 828-966-4700.
- The Esmeralda Inn in Chimney Rock, 2021 Thanksgiving plated meal with seatings 11 AM- 4 PM. $69/adults, $29/children. Free for children 5 & under. To-go orders are available for $49/person. Reservations are strongly encouraged.
- Fork Lore: (South Asheville) 2021 Traditional Thanksgiving family-style meal including Yeast Rolls, Carolina Fall Harvest Salad, Citrus, and Herb Brined Turkey, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Whipped Sweet Potatoes with Candied Pecan Streusel, Pumpkin Pie with Cinnamon Chantilly, and more! 12–7 PM. Adults $34/person, $18/children 5-15, children 4 and under are free. Located in the Hilton Hotel Biltmore Park. Reservations at 828-209-2715.
- Isa’s French Bistro: Serving 2021 Thanksgiving Dinner from 12 PM-8 PM. Elegant three-course prix fixe menu with entrée selections of Herb Brined Koch Family Farms Turkey Breast, Antarctic Salmon, Vegan Sausage Ragout, and Steak Frites. $69 Adult, $25 Wine Pairing, $19.95 Child’s Turkey Plate. To make reservations, please call 828-575-9636 or Reserve Online.
- Hemingway’s Cuba will be serving 2021 Thanksgiving Day breakfast 7 AM-10 PM. For Thanksgiving Dinner, in addition to their regular full menu, they will offer a Thanksgiving Special of Herb Brined Turkey Breast special with mojo green beans, fried sweet plantains, mashed potatoes, and sazon gravy. $26 Adult, $15 for children. 12 PM-8 PM. Reserve Online or call 828-417-6866.
- Carmel's An a la carte Southern-inspired menu, Grove Arcade downtown, 12 Noon-8 PM
- RendezVous will will do 3 seatings at 12 PM, 2:30 PM, and 5 PM. Call 828-348-0909 to make your reservation.
- Red Stag Grill will feature their signature A la Carte 4-Course Thanksgiving menu with a complimentary glass of seasonal mimosa or champagne. 11:30 AM-9 PM, $95/adult, $35/children 6-12, (free under 5). They will also offer a Family-Style Thanksgiving Feast to-go for $65/person. Book online or call 828-398-5600.
Thanksgiving & Holiday Packages / Places to Stay: See our holiday vacation packages page for the latest holiday vacation packages, deals, and specials. Also see our list of the bests hotels, bed and breakfast inns, and cabin rentals in Asheville and the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. Make reservations early!
Biltmore: The Biltmore House is open for tours on Thanksgiving Day. All estate restaurants (see above) are open. It's a busy weekend on the estate, so get tickets well ahead. They usually sell-out for the entire weekend. See our Christmas at Biltmore Guide.
Pick your Christmas Tree: Go to a "choose and cut" Tree Farm to pick the perfect one for your home on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. All are closed on Thanksgiving Day. Many farms offer hayrides and other activities. See our Asheville Christmas Tree Farms Guide.
Downtown Asheville: Most all downtown stores are closed on Thanksgiving. But there's plenty of holiday shopping on Friday and Saturday to find those special gifts. Browse through more than 200 shops, 30 art galleries and a dozen antique stores. Free parking on streets and city parking decks on Thanksgiving Day and Friday. See our Downtown Asheville Guide.
More Shopping: Biltmore Village is home to more than 40 shops in historic cottages and buildings. Asheville is a mecca for artists, so this is the place to find one-of-a-kind gifts. Head to the Folk Art Center and the River Arts District. See our Gallery Guide. Also see our Antique Shopping Guide.
Small Towns: If you prefer the quaint small towns and friendly "Mayberry" Main Streets, explore our cool small towns throughout our mountains.
Get Outdoors: #optoutside! Take a late fall hike and enjoy views through with leafless trees, cool temperatures, and few fellow hikers. See our hiking guide for top picks. All trails and waterfalls in the National Forests and Parks are open every day.
- Green Friday at Adventure Center of Asheville (near downtown): Ages 4+ zip at KidZip or climb at Treetops Park. Ages 10+ ride Zipline Canopy Tours as well as advanced challenges in the Treetops Park. 50% of all revenue donated for environmental causes in WNC.
- Some ski resorts will open if weather is cold enough.
National Parks: Both Blue Ridge Parkway and Great Smoky Mountains National Park are open on Thanksgiving Day, weather permitting. The Oconaluftee Visitor Center in the Great Smokies is open on Thanksgiving Day.
More Happenings: See our Top Holiday Outings for more things to do!