Kick off the New Year 2017 with the fun only found in Asheville! Here are our top things to do, including the best New Year's Eve parties and things to do all weekend.
New Year's Eve Parties & Events
- Downtown Asheville: While there is no public outdoor event to welcome the new year, there will be plenty of indoor venues to celebrate - including many restaurants, clubs, pubs, live music venues, etc. If the weather is nice, the streets will be buzzing with lots of activity and fun street entertainers.
- Asheville Restaurants: Many are open late on New Year's Eve and feature a lively bar. Make reservations ASAP!
- Beer Pubs: Plenty of pubs, breweries and bars to celebrate with local brews! Many are within walking distance in downtown Asheville.
- Wine & Cocktails: Hang out with your sweetie at a downtown Asheville wine or cocktail bar.
- The Omni Grove Park Inn: All of their restaurants are open (go to their Web site). Blue Ridge Dining Room will feature the big New Year's Eve Buffet and a New Year's Day Buffet. At Elaine's Dueling Piano Bar, there's no cover but a $10 parking charge. A very special 3-course dinner in Vue 1913 ($90/person) or a 3-course menu at Edison $55/person. New Year’s overnight package includes a New Year's Eve Classic Dinner & Show with Billy Joel tribute, and the NYE Times Square Party. And check out the National Gingerbread House Competition™ Display.
- Inn on Biltmore Estate: Ring in the new year in style with their grand two-night package. Update: Sold out.
- Bryson City: New Year's Eve Celebration in downtown at the Depot, 6-10 PM, live music, hot cocoa, kids area, free.
- Cherokee has fireworks at 10 PM at their Lights & Legends Celebration 5-10 PM, free.
- Harrah's Cherokee Casino has live entertainment at multiple locations.
- Pack’s Tavern New Year’s Eve Buffet and Countdown in downtown Asheville with a buffet 6:30-9 PM and party until 2 AM.
- Tryon Equestrian Center has a grand buffet and dance party (cocktail attire) with nice deals on overnight package in their inn or cabin ($250-$299/couple).
- Tryon Midnight in downtown Tryon is perfect for those wanting an earlier celebration of the New Year, complete with a ball drop at 10 PM! Enjoy music, dancing, hot chocolate, children's activities and restaurants open late. 7-10 PM. Free.
- Salvage Station: New Year's Eve party 7 PM-2 AM with live music by Laura Reed, Santos Glocal Soul and Dr. Get Right. Midnight toast and dance party. Great new food menu too. $8/advance, $10/door. Located on the French Broad River near downtown Asheville (468 Riverside Drive).
- Grove House: 35th New Year's Eve Bash with three clubs (Club Eleven, Scandals & Boiler Room) for one price. Dancing on three floors, six bars, 5 DJs, balloon drops with prizes, party favors, heavy hors d'oeuvres. Very mixed and diverse crowd. Best progressive dance club downtown. 8 PM-3 AM. $35/person ($30/person advance tickets). 11 Grove Street
- Jack of the Wood: New Year's Eve Celebration with Woody Wood and The Family Band, 9 PM-2 AM, $10. 95 Patton Ave, downtown.
- Mountain Magnolia Inn: This historic inn in Hot Springs has a great New Year's Celebration with a 3-course dinner for two, dancing, live music, champagne toast and New Year's Day brunch. $250/couple plus room. SOLD OUT
- Social Lounge: Masquerade "Super Hero" Party, $5 cover, complimentary hor d'oeuvres and champagne toast. Starts at 9 PM. 29 Broadway downtown.
- Strada: Celebrate An Authentic Italian Tradition, Feast of the 7 Fishes, 11 AM-11 PM on New Year's Eve. Open New Year's Day 4-9:30 PM. Downtown at 27 Broadway.
- Isa's Bistro: Special 4-course NYE dinner, $69/person. 1 Battery Park.
- Calypso: This new restaurant in town will have a five-course dinner with a crafted cocktail. Dinner show features carnivale dancers, DJ, Caribbean dance Party, midnight ball drop, and Champagne toast. 9 PM until. 18 N Lexington Ave. $130/person. They also have an "early bird" festive 4-course dinner at 6:30 PM for $75/person. Limited availability, so book ASAP.
- Twisted Laurel: Celebration with 3 course dinner, alcoholic beverage, entry into the upstairs party with Free Flow playing from 9 PM-1 AM, champagne toast and a midnight breakfast buffet. $85 per person. 130 College St, downtown Asheville
- Season’s at Highland Lake Inn: New Year's Eve 3-course dinner, 5-9, $70/person. New Year's Day buffet 11 AM-2 PM, $24.95/adult. Flat Rock.
- Beech Mountain Ski Resort: New Year's Eve with live music, games, ice skating, dancing, and fun after a day of skiing and snowboarding. Family night 7-9 PM in the lodge (free). Adult party starts at 7:30 at Beech Tree Bar with DJ. $10-$25/person. Fireworks just after midnight.
- Tressa’s Jazz & Blues Club: Big celebration starts at 7 PM. King Zeros on stage at 7:30 PM. Upstairs buffet 8-11 PM. Jesse Barry & The Jam plays at 9 PM. Champagne fountains at midnight, along with balloon drop. $30/person at door. No reservations. 28 Broadway, downtown
- Hendersonville: Apple Drop in front of the Historic Courthouse at midnight with festivities starting at 11 PM. Also, there's a 7 PM countdown for kids with games 6-8 PM. 1 Historic Courthouse Square
- Franklin: Ruby Drop (6 feet tall with 1,300 lights) at midnight. Entertainment starts at 8 PM. 5 West Main Street.
- See more events on our Daily Calendar.
Winter Lights at NC Arboretum: Stroll through the wonderland in the gardens. Open both New Year's Eve and New Year's nights. Read all about Winter Lights.
Biltmore Estate: Biltmore Estate is open on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. See America's largest home decked out in festive finery! Restaurants are open (make dining reservations in advance). See our Christmas at Biltmore Guide.
Get Outdoors: Start work on that New Year's resolution to lose a few pounds and get in better shape! Take a winter hike and enjoy views through with leafless trees, cool temperatures, and few fellow hikers. See our hiking guide for top picks. All trails in the National Forests are open every day. And don't forget to find some of our spectacular waterfalls (most waterfalls are open on New Years Day, including DuPont State State Forest and Gorges State Park).
Ski: Area ski resorts will be open all weekend, weather permitting.
First Day Hikes: The North Carolina's state parks system will offer free guided First Day Hikes on January 1, the perfect chance to begin the New Year with exercise and a reconnection with nature. Read about First Day Hikes near Asheville.
South Mountains State Park: After being closed for many weeks due to a big wildfire, this park reopens January 1st. Some trails are still closed, but our favorite High Shoals Falls trail was not damaged.
Shop: There's plenty of shopping options to find after holiday deals. Browse shops in Downtown Asheville (free parking on New Year's Day). The Asheville Outlets are open both December 31 and January 1. For more great local shops with unique gifts, explore the cool small towns in our mountains.
LaZoom Comedy Bus Tours: What a fun outing with friends and family! Take the zany tour on the big purple bus. Make reservations in advance. Read more about LaZoom Tours.
New Year’s Polar Plunge: Take the plunge into chilly water at Lake Lure on January 1 and freeze for a reason – to support local charities. Read more about the Polar Plunge.
Rate: From $1394