Kick-off the New Year with the fun only found in Asheville and western North Carolina!
Asheville Area New Year's Eve 2022
- Asheville Restaurants: Many are open late on New Year's Eve and feature a lively bar. Make reservations ASAP!
- Beer Pubs: Plenty of pubs, breweries, and bars to celebrate with local brews! Many are within walking distance with outdoor space in downtown Asheville.
- Wine & Cocktails: Hang out with your sweetie at a downtown Asheville wine or cocktail bar. Or check out rooftop bars!
- Inn on Biltmore Estate: Ring in 2022 with a sophisticated four-star escape with their New Year’s Eve Celebration Package that includes New Year’s Eve dinner, midnight fireworks, and special “new year, new you” wellness & mindfulness offerings on New Year’s Day. Dec 30-Jan1. Go to their website.
- Isa’s French Bistro: 2022 New Year’s Eve offerings include Brunch from 7:30 AM-3 PM; Bar Only from 3-5 PM; Dinner from 5-10 PM with last seating at 8 PM. Prime Rib Dinner Special for $48/person. Ring in the New Year at their ticketed Roaring 20’s themed NYE Party in The Cellar with a Band, Charcuterie Board & Dessert Boards, 1 Drink Ticket, and Champagne Toast from 9 PM-12:30 AM. Party is $72/person. Guests having dinner at Isa’s will receive an additional drink ticket at the New Year’s Eve Party. To make a reservation, go online or call 828-575-9636.
- Hemingway’s Cuba: For NYE 2022, they will be serving brunch from 7 AM-2 PM and Small Plates & Bar from 2-4 PM; New Year’s Eve Dinner will be served from 4:30-11 PM. In addition to their regular full menu, they will offer New Year’s Specials of Paella or Roasted Pig special with Sparkling Wine/Sidra bottle specials. Rooftop celebration at midnight with band and/or a DJ. To make reservations, go online or call 828-417-6866.
- The Greystone Inn: Offering a 5-course New Year's Eve dinner $120/person. Call for reservations at 828-966-4700.
- Red Stag Grill: Signature 5-Course Holiday Menu w/ complimentary glass of Champagne. $135/person. Children’s menu available. 5-10 PM. Book online or call 828-398-5600
- Harrah's Cherokee Casino has live entertainment at multiple locations.
- Beech Mountain Ski Resort: New Year's Eve with ice skating, fireworks, and fun after a day of skiing and snowboarding. 7 PM until midnight. Free admission.
Stay in Style: Be pampered in one of the fabulous bed and breakfast inns in and around Asheville. Or getaway in a cozy cabin or vacation rental or highly-reviewed hotel. It's a busy weekend in Asheville - so plan ahead!
Winter Lights at NC Arboretum: Walk through the big light display! Open both New Year's Eve and New Year's nights. Read all about Winter Lights.
Wonderland Drive-Through Light Show: Head to Tryon International Equestrian Center for a 2-mile drive through an over-the-top animated light display. Read more.
Biltmore: Biltmore is open on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. See America's largest home decked out in festive finery! Restaurants are open (make dining reservations in advance). Also, buy admission tickets well in advance since those dates will probably sell out. Better yet, get a discounted annual pass through Dec 21, 2021. See our Christmas at Biltmore Guide.
Ski: Area ski resorts will be open all weekend, weather permitting.
Get Outdoors: Start work on that New Year's resolution to lose a few pounds and get in better shape! Take a winter hike and enjoy views through leafless trees, cool temperatures, and few fellow hikers. See our hiking guide for top picks. All trails in the National Forests are open every day. And don't forget to find some of our spectacular waterfalls (most waterfalls are open on New Years Day, including DuPont State State Forest and Gorges State Park).
First Day Hikes: North Carolina's state parks system will offer free guided First Day Hikes on January 1, the perfect chance to begin the New Year with exercise and a reconnection with nature. Read about First Day Hikes near Asheville.
Shop: There's plenty of shopping options to find after-holiday deals. Browse shops in Downtown Asheville (free parking on New Year's Eve & Day). The Asheville Outlets are open both December 31 and January 1. For more great local shops with unique gifts, explore the cool small towns in our mountains.
New Year’s Polar Plunge: Jan 1, 2022, 10 AM-2 PM. $20 to register. Read more about the Polar Plunge at Lake Lure.