November 24, 2021-January 2, 2022
From 6-10 PM every evening at the Tryon International Equestrian Center, drive through an ultimate Christmas light show synchronized to holiday music. Shadrack's Christmas Wonderland brings two miles of animated lights to the beautiful Tryon Resort. On select nights, be sure to also visit Tryon Resort’s Winterfest Village featuring Santa’s North Pole Experience, the Who-liday Character Zone with your favorite Grinchy Green Man, Mrs. Claus’ Cookie Kitchen, live music, and more! (More details below) It's 48 miles from Asheville, an easy drive via I-26 East.
The Wonderland features giant, custom-built displays of Santa and his pals. Drive through the hundreds of thousands of lights seven nights a week, 6-10 PM, rain or shine.
Winterfest Village Activites
Tour the light show, then park and take in the holiday magic at Legends Plaza where Winterfest Village lights up. Winterfest Village will be open Thursdays-Sundays every weekend in December through Dec. 19th, 5 PM-9 PM. Lots of free fun, but you'll need to purchase wristbands for featured entertainment. Wristbands are $15/adult, $10/kids. Ages 3 and under are free.
- Daily Tree Lighting Ceremony at 5 PM
- Santa’s North Pole Experience
- Who-liday Zone with your favorite grumpy Green Man
- Mrs. Claus’ Cookie Kitchen
- The North Pole Post Office
- Carousel Rides
- Bounce House
- Live Music & Holiday Performances
- Closing Character Parade at 9 PM
Photo courtesy of ©Erik Olsen via Tryon Equestrian Center
Go to the Tryon International Equestrian Center's website for more info and to buy tickets online.
- FRIDAYS & SATURDAYS: $35/vehicle.
- MONDAYS-THURSDAYS: $30/vehicle.
- VIP EXPRESS TICKET: $60/vehicle. This ticket allows you to skip the line and fast-track into the light show. Good for one family vehicle admission on Fridays and Saturdays.
- ACTIVITY VAN: $75/van. This ticket is good for one activity van/minibus admission on any night the show is open. (max 15 people)
- TOUR BUS TICKET: $150/bus. Admission on any show night. (max 57 people)
- LODGING PACKAGES: Also available. See website for details.
Christmas Market December 1-5, 2021 at Tryon Equestrian Center
Visit their Christmas Market and shop from 40+ vendors in one place at Legends Plaza. Shop handcrafted goods to local products including art, fashion, jewelry, toys, artisan foods, and more. Make it an evening and dine at a variety of on-site restaurants. Open Wed-Sat, 1-8 PM and Sunday 11AM-4 PM.
Find many other attractions nearby, including wineries in the Tryon Foothills Wine Country and the nearby towns of Columbus, Rutherfordton, and Tryon. Also, see our Top Holiday Season Things to Do Guide for more.
Directions: Tryon Resort is located conveniently off of exit 170 on US Highway 74. It's an easy 50-minute drive from Asheville. The street address for GPS is 4066 Pea Ridge Road, Mill Spring, NC.
Go to the Tryon International Equestrian Center's website for more info and buy tickets online.