Opening for 2021 season April 1!
This is definitely not your typical tour bus experience. LaZoom is Asheville's only rolling comedy tour bus with a side-splitting guided tour to Asheville's favorite neighborhoods and landmarks that spell quirky fun for both first-time visitors and long-time residents. The big purple bus is hard to miss - especially when it's chased by a nun on a giant bike.
They now offer four different tour options (read more below). Tours run all year and all depart from downtown Asheville. Due to COVID, tours are running Thursday - Sunday at half capacity (total 18 people per bus). Read more about LaZoom’s safety procedures before booking. Each tour features a knowledgeable and witty tour guide, a heavy dose of corny jokes, and slapstick characters all along the way. Enjoy an innovative and clever blend of fact, fiction, and fun with surprises all along the way.
LaZoom Tours on the Purple Bus: 5 Options + Seasonal Tours
- Hey Asheville: City Comedy Tour is a historical and hysterical introduction to Asheville and its most interesting neighborhoods. The 90-minute tour has a 10-minute break at Green Man Brewing in South Slope where you can buy a beer to enjoy on the tour. Adults ages 13 and up only.$39/person
- Ghosted: Bus Comedy Tour features Asheville's sordid past. Spooky guides uncover mysteries and tell chilling tales on this 60-minute night tour. You will see ghosts! It departs at dusk. Adults 17 and up only, $37/person
- Fender Bender: Band and Beer Bus is a party on wheels with live music and 45-minute stops at two of the top breweries in Asheville. Your MC will entertain with fun facts about the local beer scene. 2.5-hour tour runs Saturdays 1:30 & 5:30 PM and some Fridays 5:30 PM, for adults 21 and up, $49/person (Book well in advance since they often sell out)
- Lil’ Boogers: Kids’ Comedy Tour is for all ages with entertainment geared to 5-12-year-olds. The 60-minute tour is a show on wheels. Runs on Saturdays. $27/person ages 4 and up. 3 and under free.
- Ghosted: Comedy Walking Tour: Put your best foot forward and immerse yourself in Asheville’s rich history and LaZoom’s absurd comedy. This guided comedy walking tour of historic downtown Asheville is 60 minutes long and will be an unforgettable experience. It’s the fright thing to do! $29/per person
All tours depart from their LaZoom Room at 76 Biltmore Avenue. Book your tickets now on LaZoom's website.
You can purchase tickets three ways. Online, over the telephone or upon boarding (if space is available). Buying tickets in advance online or reserving over the telephone with a credit card is the only way to reserve seating - and many tours sell-out. Online tickets and telephone reservations are taken until two hours before departure.
Tips: Arrive at least 10 minutes early. Before you hop on, you can grab a snack or beer to enjoy on the ride. LaZoom is an open-air bus unless it's too cold - then they close the windows and turn on the heat. Some have enjoyed dressing in their funnest frocks and feathers to be seen parading through Asheville on the lovely purple bus! Bring your camera.
For parking, the best option is the city's Biltmore Avenue parking garage across the street at the Aloft Hotel, GPS address is 60 South Lexington Avenue.
LaZoom RoomAll tours start at their funky bar at 76 Biltmore Avenue with wine and local beer to enjoy before. Due to COVID-19, the LaZoom Room is reserved only for ticket holders.
Private Group Tour Rentals
Rent the entire bus for a group of up to 20 people. It's perfect for a family reunion, wedding or other special event. Use your imagination! You can rent any of the three regular tours or use the bus for shuttling. LaZoom will customize your event with content catered to your group. For more, go to LaZoom's website.