Looking for things to do with moms and grandmothers in Asheville and the North Carolina mountains on Mother's Day Weekend (May 12-13, 2018)? Here are plenty of ideas and events to make great memories together. From hunting waterfalls to discovering amazing art, find something for all interests. If you are bringing the kids, also see our Top 10 Family Things to Do.
It's always a busy weekend, so make your reservations early for both lodging and dining - along with any spa treatments!
- Chimney Rock Park: Buy one regular-price adult ticket and mom or grandma receives one free. Coupon required; download one at chimneyrockpark.com and present it (in print or on your mobile device) at the Ticket Plaza at time of purchase. SpringGo festival in Chimney Rock Village on Saturday.
- Biltmore: On Mother’s Day weekend (Sat & Sun), mom receives $25 admission with purchase of another ticket. Remember to make a house tour reservation when you buy your ticket (save $10 if you buy online 7 days in advance).
- Navitat Canopy Tours: Take mom on a zipline adventure she will never forget. She flies free on Mother's Day (Sunday) with one full fare guest.
Mother's Day Brunch Top Picks
- Deerpark on Biltmore Estate, 10 AM-3 PM, with a grand buffet farm-to-table breakfast favorites, hand-carved meats, and chilled seafood. $56/adult. Reservations are a must, always a sell-out. Call 828-225-6260. Estate admission required.
- Blue Ridge Dining Room at the Omni Grove Park Inn, 12-4 PM, their famous over-the-top artisanal buffet with many choices - including a dozen desserts. $56/adult. Call 1-800-438-5800 for reservations.
- Tryon Equestrian Center: A grand brunch buffet with carving stations in the Legends Club while you watch horse competitions. 10 AM-2 PM. Reservations required. $32.95/person. Call 828-863-1130. Saturday night events too!
- See more Weekend Brunch Restaurants.
May 12, 2018: “Tea with Harriet”
Appalachian Spring Tea with Harriet at historic Whitemont Lodge (east Asheville), fundraiser by Swannonoa Valley Museum. Seatings at 2 & 5 PM. Includes savory, scone, and sweet courses, music, and a private tour of Lodge and gardens. $45/person, two hours, $35/members. Advance ticket required, buy online.
Photo at top: The North Carolina Arboretum has many special happening including the Dahlia Tuber Sale on Saturday (9 AM-2 PM), Bonsai Day, guided trail walk (Sat 1 PM). Their Savory Thyme Café has a special brunch on Sunday.