April 1–May 25, 2023
Celebrate Spring with a spectacular display of colorful blooms across the Biltmore estate. Starting on the first day of spring, Biltmore celebrates the legacy of Frederick Law Olmsted and his final project – George Vanderbilt’s magnificent Biltmore gardens. The bright colors in the gardens are brought inside with an opulent display of tropical plants and lavish flowers inside Biltmore House.
During this festival of flowers, see spring evolve with a steady progression of blooms with 100,000 bulbs planted on the estate. Tulips abound at Biltmore’s main entrance and the big display in the Walled Garden with 50,000 tulips, 14,000 daffodils and 1,000 hyacinths.
Late March & Early April: First of the 100,000 bulbs bloom
Biltmore Blooms Spring Offers, Discount Tickets, Promos and Deals:
Check back for special offers and discount tickets. In addition to Biltmore House and gardens, estate admission includes entry to the Winery, Antler Hill Village, Farm and Barnyard, gift shops and restaurants.
- Get a discounted annual pass during Biltmore's Spring Passholder Sale April 1-30, 2023.
- Buy tickets on Biltmore website 7 days in advance and save up to $8. No promo code needed.
- For more specials, go to Biltmore website.
Late March Blooms
Tulips at peak - mid April
Spring Biltmore Bloom Calendar
Read more about the Grand Gardens at Biltmore House. Here's a bloom timeline for a typical spring at Biltmore:
- Late March: More than 200 orchids start the celebration inside the warm Conservatory. Hyacinth, crocus and other early bulbs blossom in the Walled Garden, along with the kobus magnolias.
- Early April: Towering forsythia blooms in the Spring Garden and 15,000 daffodils steal the show in the Walled Garden. Early tulip varieties join in. Stroll the gardens to discover a big variety of flowering shrubs and trees including spirea and flowering cherries.
- Mid April: It's peak tulip time! Dogwoods and redbuds provide a beautiful backdrop. Most of the 74,000 tulips on the estate are in the Walled Garden.
- Late April: Late tulips open in the Walled Garden along with early blooms in the azalea garden and many flowering shrubs. Walk under the wisteria pergola.
- Early May: It's peak time in the massive 20-acre azalea garden of a million blossoms, ablaze in shades of pink, purple, orange, red and white. Take a hike on the walking trails to discover blooms throughout the estate.
- Late May: The rose garden smells as wonderful as it looks. Summer perennials and annuals take over the Walled Garden.
Antler Hill Village
Located about 5 miles past the Biltmore House, find much to do after your house tour or the following day. Enjoy weekend live music in the Bandstand near Cedric's Pub, shopping and the Winery. Visit with the friendly resident animals at the farm and their spring newborns such as baby goats, lambs, chicks and bunnies. See the special exhibition at Biltmore Legacy. Read more about Antler Hill Village.
Don't miss the Winery! Learn about Biltmore's wine making and taste many award-winning wines in the gorgeous Tasting Room. Take a behind the scenes tour or unwind at the Wine Bar. Read all about the Winery.
More Things to Do
See our Biltmore Insiders Guide for a compete overview of the estate with many tips for the perfect visit.
Late March forsythia and late April wisteria
Late April and early May azaleas
Easter Egg Hunt
Hunt for super-sized Easter Eggs inside Biltmore House and around the estate in this fun activity. Participants will receive a Scavenger Hunt Guide to check off each egg they spot while on their hunt. Participating children ages 9 and younger will receive a treat. The Easter Scavenger Hunt is included in daytime admission.
A special Easter Sunday and Mother's Day brunch is served at three estate restaurants: The Dining Room at The Inn on Biltmore Estate, Deerpark, and Bistro. Make reservations well in advance! Go to their website for restaurant details.
More About Biltmore
Dining at Biltmore
Experience Biltmore's legacy of food and wine inspired by their heritage of fine dining and sustainable agriculture, with the finest ingredients from their pastures and gardens. Dine at the Bistro… read more
Village Hotel on Biltmore Estate
Stay at Biltmore at their more casual hotel, adjacent to the restaurants, winery and outdoor activities in Antler Hill Village. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at The Village Social with a small… read more
The Inn on Biltmore Estate, Asheville
Experience luxurious hospitality, fine dining, spa services and outdoor activities on the grounds of Biltmore House, America’s largest home®. Enjoy impeccable hospitality, meticulous attention to… read more
Take in the grandeur of our country's largest home, the "Downton Abbey" of America. Explore the many rooms inside the house, walk through breathtaking landscapes and gardens, taste vintages at the… read more
Sample wines in the Tasting Room, included in admission to Biltmore Estate. Enjoy specialty tastings and a variety of tours. Shop for all the Biltmore wines and plenty of gift items. Located in… read more