Asheville is a dream-come-true for women looking for a girlfriend's getaway. Leave the guys at home and enjoy your friends and family. Our Top 10 list includes great ideas for mother-daughter and singles vacations also. Click on the links for more information.
1. Shop 'til You Drop: Where to begin? With hundreds of art galleries and studios to browse, you may have to spend an entire week! Walk to more than 30 galleries (and 200 locally owned stores) in downtown Asheville. See our guides for Shopping, Art Galleries, River Arts District and Art Events & Festivals . And don't forget antiques!
2. Spa: After all of that shopping, you will definitely need a spa treatment or two! You and your girlfriends can stay at a destination spa or visit a day spa. See our Spa Directory. For more wellness and holistic options, see our Holistic, Alternative Health & Wellness.
3. Grand Style: Spend the day at Biltmore, taking your time to enjoy the lavish furnishings of the house, the beautiful gardens, and the sampling at the winery. Take a break at one of their restaurants or browse their gift shops.
4. Gardens: The North Carolina Arboretum is a must for plant lovers. They also offer many workshops that your group could attend together. Another great spot is the Botanical Gardens of Asheville with a half-mile walking trail. To explore more of the outdoors, see our Hiking Guide for walks and hikes for all fitness levels.
5. Creative Mountain Food Tours: Take a 2-3 hour fun-filled guided walking tour, especially appealing to foodies and history buffs. Enjoy food, beverage and dessert tastings at least five local and unique eateries. Stroll, sip and taste while going behind the scenes to hear insightful tidbits of Black Mountain’s culture, history and cuisine. Click here to visit their Web site.
6. B&Bs: Get several rooms at one of the many Bed and Breakfast inns in Asheville. Their common areas often include a great front porch or living room for late-night girl talk. Then enjoy a homecooked breakfast in the morning.
7. Dining: From casual to sophisticated, there are restaurants for all tastes. Discover more than 50 locally-owned restaurants downtown with cuisine from around the world. And see our Foodie Favorites.
8. Wine Down: Sample wines and relax after a busy day at a wine bar. Or enjoy some live music at a club or bar downtown. We especially recommend a martini at Tressa's Jazz Club! Or visit a local winery and sample some local wines.
9. Waterfalls: Find beautiful waterfalls by the roadside or via a short hike. Take a picnic along!
10. Cultural Arts: Enjoy an evening of theatre, music or dance with plenty of options for the performing arts. Or tour a musuem. The aSHEville Museum downtown near the Grove Arcade is the first women's cultural museum in the southeast United States.
Enjoy your Girlfriend Getaway to Asheville!