310 ART Painting Studio
Located in the River Arts District, 310 ART is just two miles from downtown Asheville and Biltmore Estate. It is the oldest and most respected art school for adults in the Asheville area. Select from a big variety of painting classes and lessons, ranging from single day workshops to multi-week series. No experience is necessary! These fun, small classes are taught by 9 local accomplished artists and 3 traveling published artists. Their students travel from throughout the country to attend their classes. They also offer flexible class schedules if you want to sign up for a series. Since they have small classes, book early since they usually sell-out! Perfect for a girlfriends' getaway too.
- Day & weekend workshops in oils, acrylics, watercolor, inks, bookbinding are held throughout the year. Find choices for both beginners and advanced students.
- Weekly Studio Classes in painting and drawing instruction include their Marvelous Monday Studios with for just $27/class. Choose your project and get guidance and tips from your teacher.
- Their encaustic and cold wax program is the largest and most comprehensive in the Asheville area, with a focus on contemporary and cutting edge methods and mediums. Create beeswax infused journal pages, make wall tiles and even create encaustic pendants.
- Private lessons, consultations and critique, including hands-on instruction in all mediums.
Here's just a sampling of fun class topics at their art school. Go to their Web site to see the current workshop line-up at 310 ART.
- Weekly opened studios, all levels
- Beginning Oils and Acrylics Art Lessons, portraiture
- Intro to Pastels
- Glowing Alcohol Ink!
- Waxagrams (Encaustic and original Photo Wall Tiles)
- Encaustic one day intro and two Day Comprehensive
- Experimental Watercolor Series with Nadine Charlsen
- Eco Printing on fabric
- Bind Your Beeswax with Erin Keane
- Block Printing Small Work on Paper and Fabric
- Cold Wax and Oil Intro
- Mixed Media Acrylics classes with 2 guest published artists
- Oil Stick Explorations
- Encaustic Pendants
- Collage Mixed-media evenings
- Watercolor Wednesday Evenings
- Encaustic and Nature Printing and Luminaria
The Village Potters Teaching Center
Located next door to the 310 ART is The Village Potters Teaching Center with pottery and ceramics classes for adults, demonstration and hands-on workshops and an intensive Independent Study and Mentoring Program. Learn from resident potters who enjoy sharing skills, techniques and hands-on experiences.
- Adult classes welcome beginners and potters wanting to learn more with mentorship from a community of artists. Class size is limited to allow plenty of direct instructor interaction, with time and space to work independently. 6, 8 and 12 week sessions
- Take your pots to the next level with he Masters Series, 1-2 day workshops with accomplished potters.
- Single day workshops include Raku Saturdays.
They love beginner students and will help you create the experience that you are looking for, whether it's an afternoon at the potter's wheel or signing up for a series of classes. Go to their Web site.
Private Pottery Workshop for 2