310 ART Painting Studio
Located in the River Arts District, 310 ART is just two miles from downtown Asheville and Biltmore Estate. It is the oldest and most respected art school for adults in the Asheville area. Select from a big variety of painting classes and lessons, ranging from single day workshops to multi-week series. No experience is necessary! These fun, small classes are taught by 9 local accomplished artists and 3 traveling published artists. Their students travel from throughout the country to attend their classes. They also offer flexible class schedules if you want to sign up for a series. Since they have small classes, book early since they usually sell-out! Perfect for a girlfriends' getaway too.
- Day & weekend workshops in oils, acrylics, watercolor, inks, mixed media, printmaking, encaustic, bookbinding and more are held throughout the year. Find choices for both beginners and advanced students.
- Their encaustic and cold wax program is the largest and most comprehensive in the Asheville area, with a focus on contemporary and cutting edge methods and mediums. Create beeswax infused journal pages, make wall tiles, incorporate mixed media, watercolor and nature printing into work you make yourself. You can even create encaustic pendants.
- Private and Semi Private special workshops in all subjects for you and for your group when you visit upon request
Here's just a sampling of fun class topics at their art school.
- Weekly opened studios, all levels
- Beginning Oils, Acrylics workshops
- Intro to Pastels
- Glowing Alcohol Ink
- Waxagrams (Encaustic and original Photo Wall Tiles)
- Encaustic one day intro and two day comprehensive
- Experimental Watercolor Series with Nadine Charlsen
- Eco Printing on fabric
- Bind Your Beeswax with Erin Keane
- Multi surface printing on fabric and paper
- Resin Casting for mixed media and jewelry
- Cold Wax and Oil Intro
- Mixed Media Acrylics classes with image transfer
- Oil Stick Explorations
- Encaustic Pendants
- Abstracting the Landscape, and Modern Landscape methods
- Watercolor Wednesday Evenings
- Encaustic and Nature Printing and Wax and Light