River's Edge Painting Studio
Located in the River Arts District at 310 Art (read more), just two miles from downtown Asheville and Biltmore Estate, is the oldest and most respected art school for adults in the Asheville area. Select from a big variety of painting classes and lessons, ranging from single day workshops to multi-week series. No experience is necessary! These fun, small classes are taught by 9 local accomplished artists and 3 traveling published artists. Their students travel from throughout the country to attend their classes. They also offer flexible class schedules if you want to sign up for a series. Since they have small classes, book early since they usually sell-out!
- Day & weekend workshops in oils, acrylics, watercolor, inks, bookbinding are held throughout the year. Find choices for both beginners and advanced students.
- Weekly Studio Classes in painting and drawing instruction include their Marvelous Monday Studios with for just $27/class. Choose your project and get guidance and tips from your teacher.
- Their encaustic and cold wax program is the largest and most comprehensive in the Asheville area, with a focus on contemporary and cutting edge methods and mediums. Create beeswax infused journal pages, make wall tiles and even create encaustic pendants.
- Private lessons, consultations and critique, including hands-on instruction in all mediums.
Here's just a sampling of fun class topics at their art school. Go to their Web site to see the current workshop line-up at River's Edge Studio.
- Beginning Oils and Acrylics Art Lessons
- Wax, Watercolor and Alcohol Ink Wonders!
- Waxagrams (Encaustic and original Photo Wall Tiles)
- Make Your Own Paint with Natural Materials, Mini Workshop
- Alcohol Ink Magic
- Encaustic 2 Day Comprehensive
- Golden Effects with Beer and Watercolor, Wine and More
- Experimental Watercolor
- Bind Your Beeswax with Erin Keane,
- Faux Finishes for Painters
- Block Printing Small Work on Paper and Fabric
- Next Level Cold Wax and Oil Intensive
- Longstitch Library, Bind a Bunch of Books
- Oil Stick Explorations
- Wax, Paper, Thread!
- Encaustic Pendants
- Collage Mixed-media
- Intro to Cold Wax and Oils Workshop
- Solarplate Relief Printing with Dona Barnett
- Encaustic Sculpture: A Melding of Surface and Form
The Village Potters Teaching Center
Located next door to the River's Edge Studio is The Village Potters Teaching Center with pottery and ceramics classes for adults, demonstration and hands-on workshops and an intensive Independent Study and Mentoring Program. Learn from resident potters who enjoy sharing skills, techniques and hands-on experiences. They love beginner students and will help you create the experience that you are looking for, whether it's an afternoon at the potter's wheel or signing up for a series of classes. Go to their Web site.
Don't miss the Love Mural next door!
Private Pottery Workshop for 2