April 2-4, 2021
Easter weekend in Asheville and the North Carolina mountains offers many things to do. Welcome spring by getting outdoors to see the blooms. Gather with family and friends for Easter Sunday brunch. Here's just a sampling of ideas. (Pic above: Tulips at Biltmore)
Biltmore Egg Hunt
A longtime favorite is the Easter Egg Hunt is in front of Biltmore House on Sunday, for ages 2-9 years old. Registration begins two hours before hunts. Arrive early for activities. Exchange eggs for a treat bag. There's no extra fee to participate - included in Biltmore admission. More activities for kids including sheep herding and grape stomp at Antler Hill Village. See our Biltmore Guide to plan a visit and see all the spring blooms.
Downtown Asheville Egg Hunt
Easter on the Green on Saturday 2-5 PM in Pack Square Park is a free festival with age-specific hunts throughout the afternoon, ages 12 and under. Meet the Easter bunny and play oversized games.
Our mountain scenery provides the perfect backdrop for a spectacular sunrise service. Go to Lake Junaluska for their 7 AM service by the big cross, followed by a breakfast buffet at The Terrace hotel. Or go to Chimney Rock Park to watch the sun rise over Lake Lure during a 6:30 AM service (read more) - with breakfast buffet at the Old Rock Cafe after.
Make reservations well in advance since it's a busy day. Our top picks for a very special Easter Brunch Buffet are:
- Deerpark Restaurant on Biltmore.Estate- Elaborate buffet with stations for omelets and waffles, hand-carved entrees, southern sides, salads, soups, desserts. 10 AM-3 PM. Reservations & Biltmore admission ticket required.
- Blue Ridge Dining Room at Omni Grove Park Inn - Farm-to-table artisanal buffet with views of Blue Ridge Mountains. Two big rooms filled with stations with many options. 12-5 PM.
- Season's at Highland Lake Inn (Hendersonville) - Starters, salads, sides, brunch favorites, carving station, pasta station and desserts.
- Legend's at Tryon International Equestrian Center (Tryon) - Brunch buffet with carving station and omelet station, 10 AM-2 PM, Kids egg hunt & carousel rides at 2 PM.
- See more top places for Weekend brunch.
Easter Hat Parade
The most unique and quirky event is the Easter Hat Parade in the artsy village of Dillsboro. Hundreds of people parade down the street with judging in 20 categories. The parade includes antique cars and the Easter bunny. The parade is 2 PM on Saturday but arrive early for hat-making sessions and egg hunt. Read more.
Since Good Friday is a city holiday, enjoy free on-street parking - so don't feed the meters. All stores and restaurants will be open Friday and Saturday. Sunday is always free, but many stores will be closed. See our favorite things to do downtown.
Blue Ridge Parkway
The higher sections of the Parkway may remain closed due to the remaining ice and snow. Read about current closures. A great alternate scenic drive is the Forest Heritage Scenic Byway.