April 2-4, 2021
Easter weekend in Asheville and the North Carolina mountains offers many things to do. Welcome spring by getting outdoors to see the blooms. Gather with family and friends for Easter Sunday brunch. Here's just a sampling of ideas. (Pic above: Tulips at Biltmore)
Biltmore Egg Hunt April 1-4
An Easter Scavenger Hunt featuring super-sized Easter Eggs inside Biltmore House and around the estate will be offered April 1 through April 4, and is free for children 9 and younger to participate. Participating children will receive a Scavenger Hunt Guide to check off each egg they spot while on their hunt. Head to Antler Hill Village after the hunt for a treat bag that includes candy, crayons and coloring pages, and a commemorative Easter Egg. A limited number of treat bags will be distributed from 11 AM- 3 PM each day of the event. The Easter Scavenger Hunt is included in daytime admission. See our Biltmore Guide to plan a visit and see all the spring blooms.
Make reservations well in advance since it's a busy day. Our top picks for a very special Easter Brunch Buffet are:
- Blue Ridge Dining Room at Omni Grove Park Inn - Farm-to-table artisanal buffet with views of Blue Ridge Mountains. Two big rooms filled with stations with many options. 12-5 PM. Adults/ $58, Children 6 and up/$30. Call ahead for reservations: 800-438-5800.
- Season's at Highland Lake Inn (Hendersonville) - Starters, salads, sides, brunch favorites, carving station, pasta station, and desserts.
- See more top places for Weekend brunch.
- Isa’s French Bistro - In addition to the regular Brunch and Dinner menus, Isa’s French Bistro will offer an Easter Special Surf & Turf Entrée featuring a 6 oz. Brasstown Beef Filet, Lobster Claw Tempura, Lobster Hollandaise, and Grilled Asparagus for $54. The Easter Surf & Turf Entrée will be available to order from 10 AM – 9 PM. For reservations, go to their website or call 828-575-9636.
- Hemingway’s Cuba - In addition to the regular Brunch Menu, Hemingway’s Cuba will offer an Easter Special Huevos Rotos Entrée featuring potatoes, egg, and shaved Iberico ham for $14. For reservations, go to their website or call 828-417-6866
Easter Hat Parade
The most unique and quirky event is the Easter Hat Parade in the artsy village of Dillsboro. Hundreds of people parade down the street with judging in 20 categories. The parade includes antique cars and the Easter bunny. The parade is 2 PM on Saturday but arrive early for hat-making sessions and egg hunt. Read more.
Since Good Friday is a city holiday, enjoy free on-street parking - so don't feed the meters. All stores and restaurants will be open Friday and Saturday. Sunday is always free, but many stores will be closed. See our favorite things to do downtown.
Blue Ridge Parkway
The higher sections of the Parkway may remain closed due to the remaining ice and snow. Read about current closures. A great alternate scenic drive is the Forest Heritage Scenic Byway.