April 8-9, 2023
Easter weekend in Asheville and the North Carolina mountains offers many things to do. Welcome spring by getting outdoors to see the blooms. Gather with family and friends for Easter Sunday brunch. Here's just a sampling of ideas. (Pic above: Tulips at Biltmore)
Biltmore Egg Hunt April 16-17
Hunt for super-sized Easter Eggs inside Biltmore House and around the estate in this fun activity. Participants will receive a Scavenger Hunt Guide to check off each egg they spot while on their hunt. Participating children ages 9 and younger will receive a treat. The Easter Scavenger Hunt is included in daytime admission. See our Biltmore Guide to plan a visit and see all the spring blooms.
Make reservations well in advance since it's a busy day. Our top picks for a very special Easter Brunch Buffet are:
- Blue Ridge Dining Room at Omni Grove Park Inn - Farm-to-table artisanal buffet with views of Blue Ridge Mountains. Two big rooms filled with stations with many options. 12-5:30 PM. Adults/ $62, Children 6 and up/$30. Call ahead for reservations: 800-438-5800.
- Season's at Highland Lake Inn (Hendersonville) - Starters, salads, sides, brunch favorites, carving station, pasta station, and desserts. $54/adult, $27/Children 6-11, 5, and under free. For reservations, please call (828) 696-9094
- See more top places for Weekend brunch.
- Isa’s French Bistro - Enjoy full Brunch and Dinner menus plus several Special Features: Carrot Cake French Toast with Cream Cheese Drizzle for $19 from 7 AM-2 PM; and Truffled Split Pea Soup for $12, Brasstown 6 oz. Filet & Red Ruby Shrimp with Carrot Emulsion and White Asparagus for $43, and Hummingbird Carrot Cake for $12 from 10 AM-9 PM. For reservations, go to their website or call 828-575-9636.
- Hemingway’s Cuba - In addition to their full brunch menu from 7 AM-2 PM and full dinner menu from 4:30 PM-9 PM, they are offering an Easter Special of Baked Ham, Boursin Mac & Cheese and Broccolini for $35. For reservations, go to their website or call 828-417-6866
Easter Hat Parade
The most unique and quirky event is the Easter Hat Parade in the artsy village of Dillsboro. Hundreds of people parade down the street with judging in 20 categories. The parade includes antique cars and the Easter bunny. The parade is 2 PM on Saturday but arrive early for hat-making sessions and egg hunt. Read more.
Since Good Friday is a city holiday, enjoy free on-street parking - so don't feed the meters. All stores and restaurants will be open Friday and Saturday. Sunday is always free, but many stores will be closed. See our favorite things to do downtown.
Blue Ridge Parkway
The higher sections of the Parkway may remain closed due to the remaining ice and snow. Read about current closures. A great alternate scenic drive is the Forest Heritage Scenic Byway.
Easter Weekend Things to Do
This festival of flowers celebrates two months of spring blooms that include 75,000+ tulips, orchids, azalaeas and elaborate floral displays inside Biltmore House.
North Carolina Arboretum
Stroll through a variety of gardens and on peaceful woodland trails, located in Asheville adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway. Don't miss their impressive bonsai garden exhibit and many special… read more
Explore Downtown Asheville
During the day, downtown Asheville bustles with shoppers browsing more than 200 galleries, antique shops and local boutiques. Each evening, enjoy street entertainers, restaurants, breweries,… read more
Packages & Specials for Asheville & Mountains
Pick a package or special perfect for your vacation, with discounts and travel deals for hotels, resorts, bed and breakfasts, country inns and cabin rentals in the North Carolina mountains.
300 Things to Do
See our master list of places to see and things to do in the western North Carolina mountains, including Asheville and our many small towns.
Top 75+ Outdoors - Asheville & NC Mountains
Explore our mountains with hikes, waterfalls, rivers, lakes and many thousands of acres of national forest and park land. Get outside in the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains with our 70… read more