The Western North Carolina Agricultural Center is the home of the North Carolina Mountain State Fair, numerous horse and livestock events, large scale shows and other fun events such as car shows, fishing expos, quilt shows, dog shows, food festivals, auctions and more. This impressive facility is located near the Asheville Airport. One of the most recent additions is the LEED-green certified Event Center with 45,000 square feet used for a diverse range of events and gatherings such as national and regional trade shows and conventions, public expos and large-scale entertainment events. With the capacity to accommodate up to 3,700 attendees at a time, the Event Center is an exciting and powerful addition to the region.
The Morris L. "Mac" McGough Arena is a year-round indoor horse and livestock facility that seats 3,000 for scheduled shows. Additional covered arenas and buildings are available for other events. The Expo Center has an additional 27,000 square feet of exhibit space. This crown jewel of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services is thoughtfully placed on an 87-acre piece of prime Western North Carolina real estate with plenty of parking spaces.
State Fair: September
NC Mountain State Fair is the "state fair" of the west. The ten-day event, attended by 180,000+ people, celebrates the people, agriculture, art and tradition that make our region great. It's fun for all ages, with plenty of exhibits, animals, food, rides and more. Read more.
Mother Earth News Fair
The Mother Earth News Fair is a huge, sustainable living spring event with more than 200 hands-on workshops and demonstrations. Learn from experts on preparing and preserving food, organic gardening, homesteading, renewable energy, green building and remodeling, small-scale livestock, green transportation, natural health, and related topics. Read more about the Mother Earth News Fair.
2018 Major Events
- 1/13-14/18: Asheville Gun & Knife Show
- 1/17/2018: EDC Career Fair 2018
- 1/26-28/18: Blue Ridge Agility AKC Dogs
- 2/2-3/18: Victory Sports MOTOX
- 2/3-4/18: AHBA Build & Remodel Expo
- 2/9-11/18: Mountain RV & Boat Show
- 2/18-26/18: Wee Trade
- 2/23-24/18: Victory Sports MOTOX
- 3/2-3/18: WNC Home Railroaders
- 3/3/18: Camp Expo-Fun Fest
- 3/16-18/18: Vintage Market Days
- 3/16-17/18: Bullmania
- 3/24/18: WLOS LiveWell Expo
- 3/31/18: ARG 3rd Annual Mtn Motor Show
- 4/20-22/18: Walking Horse, Smokey Mtn Classic
- 4/28-29/18: Mother Earth News Fair
- 5/19-20/18: Asheville Fine Art Show
- 5/24-28/18: Blue Ridge Agility Club
- 5/25-28/18: Blue Ridge Classic of the Carolinas
- 5/31/18-6/3/18: Jeff Robinson PBR Rodeo
- 6/14-17/18: Piedmont Pasofino
- 7/6-7/18: Mountain Antique Auto Club
- 8/17-19/18: Vintage Market Days
- 9/21-23/18: Vintage Guitar Show
- 10/5-6/18: Autumn Rails
- 10/6/18 - 10/7/18: Asheville Gun & Knife Show
- 10/10/18: O'asis Shriner Circus
- 10/10/18: Garden Brothers Circus
- 10/18-20/18: Fall Harvest Days
- 10/25-28/18: Southern Animal Fiber Fair
- 11/2-4/18: AHBA Log & Timber Home Show
- 11/2-4/18: SRA Finals - Redneck Rodeos
- 11/8-11/18: Jeff Robinson Barrel Racing
- 11/15-18/18: Jeff Robinson Barrel Racing
- 11/16-18/18: WNC Holiday Fair
- 11/23-24/18: Victory Sports MOTOX
- 12/28-29/18: Victory Sports MOTOX
Go to their website to see a list of all upcoming events.
Directions to the Western NC Agricultural Center in Asheville:
1301 Fanning Bridge Rd, Fletcher NC 28732
From downtown, take I-26 East to Exit #40 (Asheville Airport Exit). Turn right at top of exit ramp onto Highway NC 280. After the 2nd stop light, turn left into Gate 6 or 7.
From South Carolina on I-26 West toward North Carolina, after you enter North Carolina take exit #40 (Asheville Airport Exit). Turn left at top of exit ramp onto NC 280. After the 3rd stop light, turn left into Gate 6 or 7.