September 8-17, 2017
The North Carolina Mountain State Fair in Asheville is the "state fair" of the west. The ten-day event, attended by 180,000+ people, celebrates the people, agriculture, art and tradition that make our region great. It's fun for all ages, with plenty of exhibits, animals, food, rides and more. The fair is held at the Western North Carolina Agriculture Center, near the Asheville Regional Airport (I-26 East, exit 40).
While the fair includes the midway with fun rides and tricky games, we love the impressive exhibits in various buildings. See the many competitions including quilt making, photography, extreme garden vegetables, flowers, crafts and more.
Watch craftspeople at work along the Mountain Heritage Circle. Stroll through the barns to see and learn about a big variety of animals. Watch the miracle of birth at the “Mooternity Ward". And see home improvement exhibitors and buy from local businesses.
The entertainment stage will host local and regional bands and performers for daily shows. In addition, the Mountain Music Festival showcases Appalachian bluegrass bands and clogging.
Adults are $9/each at the gate. Save $2 by buying advance tickets (before the first day of the fair) in person at participating Ingles grocery stores, the Western N.C. Ag Center and the Western N.C. Farmers Market in Asheville. Child and senior admission is $3 in advance and $5 at the gate. And save 50% on rides if purchased in advance. No online ticket sales. No pets.
Friday & Saturday: 9 AM-12 Midnight
Sunday: 9 AM-11 PM
Monday-Thursday: 3-11 PM
From Asheville, NC take I-26 East to Exit #40 (Asheville Airport Exit). Turn right at top of exit ramp onto Highway NC 280. After the 2nd stop light, turn left into Gate 6 or 7.
From South Carolina on I-26 West toward North Carolina, after you enter North Carolina take exit #40 (Asheville Airport Exit). Turn left at top of exit ramp onto NC 280. After the 3rd stop light, turn left into Gate 6 or 7.
FREE parking is available on fairground property and satellite property. Parking is located on Highway 280 at Gate 6. Satellite parking is located 1 mile South of Gate 6 (follow the signs) with free bus transportation to the fairgrounds (shuttle runs every 10-15 minutes).
- Friday, September 10: FREE Gate Admission for students until 6pm for Grades K-12. And unlimited rides for $25 after 9 PM.
- Monday, September 11: Ride all day for $20, plus gate admission.
- Tuesday, September 12: Kids 12 and under ride all day for $20, plus gate admission.
- Wednesday, September 13: Ingles Day - FREE Gate Admission with five cans of Laura Lynn brand foods from Ingles supermarket.
- Thursday, September 14: Ride all day for $20, plus gate admission.
- Friday, September 15: FREE Gate Admission for seniors 65 & older & Friday Night Frenzy with unlimited rides for $25 after 9 PM.
- Saturday, September 16: NC Education Lottery Day. FREE Scratch & Win promotional ticket for each adult ticket sold. Must be 18 to play.