May 17-October 7, 2018
Wow! "Chihuly at Biltmore" brings a spectacular sparkling exhibition in the gardens and Biltmore House. See the monumental glass sculptures of Dale Chihuly, featured in 200 museums around the world. Included in the regular daytime admission price, see 16 installations of Chihuly’s sculptures throughout the estate. Several of the installations include many pieces. Special plantings accent the each creation. For the first time, take enchanting illuminated evening tours. Photo above: Italian Gardens
"Sole d'Oro" on the front lawn illuminated after sunset
Chihuly Nights at Biltmore
On Thursday–Sunday evenings plus every night September 20-October 7, take a rare evening visit inside the Biltmore House and through the gardens to see the dramatic lighting of Chihuly’s stunning glass sculptures. After strolling through the first floor of the House, walk through the gardens to see the luminous creations while listening to live music and watching the sunset over the Blue Ridge Mountains - complete with a pop-up Wine Bar. Evening tours on Wednesday, July 4th also! These evenings require a separate ticket (like Christmas Candlelight Tours) for $67/person except $75/person during the first two weekends. Pick house entry times between 7:30- 9 PM. Gardens close at 10 PM. Save $10 if purchased online 7 days in advance. Many nights will sell-out. Annual Passholders save $20 on evening tickets. Located adjacent to Biltmore House, the Stable Café will stay open late for dinner on these nights. Make dining reservations at 1-800-411-3812. Go to the Biltmore Web site to buy Chihuly Nights tickets.
Gorgeous water lilies & reeds in Italian Gardens
Dale Chihuly in Winter Garden inside Biltmore House for the opening. The gold and white formations simulate sea life and reflect Chihuly’s love of Venice
Where to find the 16 installations?
- Front Lawn: Glistening representation of the sun
- Italian Gardens: Three installations, including a boat filled with multicolored glass spheres
- Shrub Garden: Striking red reeds up to 10 feet tall
- Pergola: Series of flora inspired creations
- Walled Garden: Two colorful towers, one created just for this setting
- Conservatory: Three dramatic chandeliers with cattails in front.
- Antler Hill Village & Winery: New installation created for Biltmore
Ticket Specials & Tips
Buy tickets and book your house tour reservation times well in advance, especially on weekends and the first two weeks of the exhibition. Many days will probably sell-out in advance.
- Daytime tickets are $67-$75/adult, save $10 by buying on Biltmore's web site 7 days in advance. Highest tickets are May weekends and holidays.
- Also save $10/person for the special evening tours when purchase 7 days ahead. Time reservation required. Many nights will sell-out. Go to the Biltmore Web site to buy Chihuly Nights tickets.
- Annual Passholders save $20 on evening tours.
- U.S. military saves $10 on regular adult daytime admission with Military ID.
- Kids 16 & under free admission, May 25-September 3, 2018. Up to two kids per adult ticket.
- Remember, the house is not air conditioned. Try to book an early morning tour for a cooler tour.
Look up inside the Conservatory by the Walled Garden for three chandeliers
Inn on Biltmore Estate Chihuly & The Village Hotel Chihuly Packages
Elevate your Chihuly experience with a luxurious overnight stay on the estate on either of their hotels located in Antler Hill Village. Packages included your guest room, breakfast, Chihuly gift, daytime admission, audio tour, valet parking and estate shuttle service. Go to Biltmore's Web site for details.
More about Chihuly
Chihuly’s creative vision utilizes light, space, and form. For more than a half century, Chihuly has created with a variety of media including glass, paint, charcoal, graphite, neon, ice, and polyvitro. Acclaimed for his iconic glass sculptures, Chihuly is also known for ambitious and immersive site-specific public installations and exhibitions in museums and gardens around the world.
See our main Biltmore Insider's Guide for details on visiting the estate and more events.
Asheville Summer of Glass
Glass artists in Asheville and western North Carolina join the celebration with a "Summer of Glass" that includes special shows, tours, workshops and events. Nearby is the River Arts District, home to 200 artists. Our top studio to watch glassblowers at work is Lexington Glassworks (pic) in downtown Asheville. Read all about Asheville glass art.
More About Biltmore