May 17-October 7, 2018
"Chihuly at Biltmore" brings a spectacular outdoor and indoor sparkling exhibition in the gardens and Biltmore House. See the monumental glass sculptures of Dale Chihuly, featured in 200 museums around the world. Included in the regular daytime admission price, see Chihuly’s sculptures in the Winter Garden inside Biltmore House and throughout the estate, including the Italian Garden and Walled Garden. Special plantings will accent the each creation. For the first time, take summer illuminated evening tours. Photo above: Dale Chihuly, Laguna Torcello, ©Chihuly Studio
Dale Chihuly, Sole d'Oro, Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, 2017, ©Chihuly Studio
New! Chihuly Nights at Biltmore
On Thursday–Sunday evenings, take advantage for rare evening visit inside the Biltmore House and through the gardens to see the dramatic lighting of Chihuly’s stunning glass sculptures. After strolling through the first floor of the House, stroll through the gardens to see the luminous creations while listening to live music and watching the sunset over the Blue Ridge Mountains - complete with a pop-up Wine Bar. Evening tours on Wednesday, July 4th also! These evenings require a separate ticket (like Christmas Candlelight Tours) for $67/person except $75/person during the first two weekends. Save $10 if purchased online 7 days in advance. Annual Passholders save $20 on evening tickets. Located adjacent to Biltmore House, the Stable Café will stay open late for dinner on these nights. Make dining reservations by calling 1-800-411-3812 for reservations
Pic above: Float Boat, 2014 Denver Botanic Gardens, ©Chihuly Studio
Where to find them?
- Front Lawn: Glistening representation of the sun
- Winter Garden inside Biltmore House: Gold and white formations simulate sea life and reflect Chihuly’s love of Venice
- Italian Garden: Three installations, including a boat filled with multicolored glass spheres
- Shrub Garden: Striking red reeds up to 10 feet tall
- Walled Garden: Two vibrant Towers, one created just for this setting
- Conservatory: Three dramatic Chandeliers
- Antler Hill Village & Winery: New installation created for Biltmore
The last evening summer tours were for the Flower Carpet in 2008-2010.
- Daytime tickets are $67-$75/adult, buy on Biltmore's web site 7 days in advance and save $10.
- Also save $10/person for the special evening tours when purchase 7 days ahead. Time reservation required. Many nights will sell-out. Go to the Biltmore Web site to buy Chihuly Nights tickets.
- Save $65 on a Biltmore Annual Pass for unlimited visits for a year, $109/person, through May 11. Buy on the Biltmore Web site.
- Annual Passholders save $20 on evening tours.
Inn on Biltmore Estate Chihuly & The Village Hotel Chihuly Packages
Elevate your Chihuly experience with a luxurious overnight stay on the estate on either of their hotels located in Antler Hill Village. Packages included your guest room, breakfast, Chihuly gift, daytime admission, audio tour, valet parking and estate shuttle service.
Summer of Glass
Glass artists throughout western North Carolina will join the celebration with a "Summer of Glass" that includes special shows, tours, workshops and events. Nearby is the River Arts District, home to 200 artists. Our top studio to watch glassblowers at work is Lexington Glassworks in downtown Asheville. Read all about Asheville glass art.
More about Chihuly
One of Chihuly's most famous pieces, “Fiori Di Como,” covers the lobby ceiling of the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I took this photo during my visit there - I'm sure many of you have a similar pic! Chihuly’s creative vision utilizes light, space, and form. For more than a half century, Chihuly has created with a variety of media including glass, paint, charcoal, graphite, neon, ice, and polyvitro. Acclaimed for his iconic glass sculptures, Chihuly is also known for ambitious and immersive site-specific public installations and exhibitions in museums and gardens around the world.
See our main Biltmore Insider's Guide for details on visiting the estate and more events.
More About Biltmore
Rate: From $549