RomanticAsheville.com's mission is to serve as a trusted resource for insider information and tips on Western North Carolina for visitors and locals alike. We highlight and promote area destinations, attractions, and resources to celebrate and preserve the region’s natural and cultural beauty.
To achieve our mission we:
- Stay focused on 16 WNC counties (Buncombe, Swain, Graham, Macon, Jackson, Transylvania, Haywood, Madison, Henderson, Polk, Rutherford, McDowell, Burke, Yancey, Mitchell and Avery)
- Respond to reader interests and questions, as well as changing trends with an evolving, curated, and balanced assortment of information and inspiration
- Offer high value yet affordable promotions for local attractions, destinations, and resources
- Promote safe, responsible adventure in the mountains
- Give back to local organizations that support and promote the arts, culture, and conservation
RomanticAsheville.com is locally-owned and operated by an Asheville based team passionate about the region. Originally founded in 2003 by Mark File to help couples plan a romantic getaway to Asheville, the site is now an 800+ page online guide to 16 WNC counties operated by new owner Justin Belleme and a team of dedicated professionals. The website received 5.9 mission visits in 2019 from 219 countries! You certainly don’t have to be a couple to benefit from this comprehensive insider’s guide to the mountains of WNC... many singles, friends, and families use it to plan their visit and locals rely on its depth of information as they explore their own backyards.
Each year, RomanticAsheville.com gives back at least 25% of revenue in paid and in-kind sponsorships to 200 non-profits in tourism, arts, heritage and environment. From our annual Giving Calendar fundraiser for land conservancy to special campaigns to restore trails or buy fire equipment to fight wildfires, we appreciate your support!
RomanticAsheville.com is a constant work in progress, updated almost every day and new features added frequently. There's never a shortage of new places to discover. Due to our passion of exploring the mountains, the outdoors section is the biggest on the site with 130+ hiking and waterfall guides. Another favorite is Biltmore Estate. We are on the estate every month, and RomanticAsheville.com now has 20+ pages about Biltmore. Likewise, we never tire exploring the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Suggestions and corrections are appreciated! There is so much happening in the Asheville area, so it's easy for us to miss something. Please contact us.
If you’re interested in partnering with us to tell our readers about your location, attraction or business, email our Partnerships Manager, Mark Collins.
Recent Special Fundraisers
With the help of our generous readers, here are a few recent projects that we supported:
- The 2020 NC Waterfalls Calendar will expand to benefit five land conservancies (read more). Our 2017 & 2018 calendar fundraiser raised $30,000 for the great work on the to the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area. The Giving Wall Calendar 2019 benefited two land conservancy organizations.
- In August 2017, we partnered with the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation to raise $12,000 for trail rehabilitation and repairs at Craggy Gardens on the Parkway. Read more.
- In response to the wildfire in the Lake Lure area in November 2016, we matched a GoFundMe campaign for the Chimney Rock Volunteer Fire Department and raised $5,555 for them to purchase equipment to help battle future forest fires.
Our Community Partners Protecting the Mountains - Please Support!
Our Region: We now cover 16 WNC counties!
The coverage area for RomanticAsheville.com now features most of western North Carolina, including Buncombe County (Asheville), Swain County, Graham County, Macon County, Jackson County, Transylvania County, Haywood County, Madison County, Henderson County, Polk County, Rutherford County, McDowell County, Burke County, Yancey County, Mitchell County and Avery County. (Click map for larger version. From NCDOT.)