RomanticAsheville.com's mission is to serve as a trusted resource for insider information and tips on Western North Carolina for visitors and locals alike. We highlight and promote area destinations, attractions, and resources to celebrate and preserve the region’s natural and cultural beauty.
To achieve our mission we:
- Stay focused on 16 WNC counties (Buncombe, Swain, Graham, Macon, Jackson, Transylvania, Haywood, Madison, Henderson, Polk, Rutherford, McDowell, Burke, Yancey, Mitchell and Avery)
- Respond to reader interests and questions, as well as changing trends with an evolving, curated, and balanced assortment of information and inspiration
- Offer high value yet affordable promotions for local attractions, destinations, and resources
- Promote safe, responsible adventure in the mountains
- Give back to local organizations that support and promote the arts, culture, and conservation
RomanticAsheville.com is locally-owned and operated by an Asheville-based team passionate about the region. Originally founded in 2003 by Mark File to help couples plan a romantic getaway to Asheville, the site is now an 800+ page online guide to 16 WNC counties operated by new owner Justin Belleme and a team of dedicated professionals. The website received 6.13 mission visits in 2020 from 219 countries! You certainly don’t have to be a couple to benefit from this comprehensive insider’s guide to the mountains of WNC... many singles, friends, and families use it to plan their visit and locals rely on its depth of information as they explore their own backyards.
Each year, RomanticAsheville.com gives back at least 25% of revenue in paid and in-kind sponsorships to 200 non-profits in tourism, arts, heritage, and environment. From our annual Giving Calendar fundraiser for land conservancies to special campaigns to restore trails or buy fire equipment to fight wildfires, we appreciate your support!
RomanticAsheville.com is a constant work in progress, updated almost every day and new features added frequently. There's never a shortage of new places to discover. Due to our passion of exploring the mountains, the outdoors section is the biggest on the site with 130+ hiking and waterfall guides. Another favorite is Biltmore. We are on the estate every month, and RomanticAsheville.com now has 20+ pages about Biltmore. Likewise, we never tire of exploring the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Suggestions and corrections are appreciated! There is so much happening in the Asheville area, so it's easy for us to miss something. Please contact us.
If you’re interested in partnering with us to tell our readers about your location, attraction or business, email our Partnerships Manager, Mark Collins.
Recent Special Fundraisers
With the help of our generous readers, here are a few recent projects that we supported:
- The 2020 NC Waterfalls Calendar benefited five land conservancies (read more). Our 2017 & 2018 calendar fundraiser raised $30,000 for the great work on the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area. The Giving Wall Calendar 2019 benefited two land conservancy organizations.
- In August 2017, we partnered with the Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation to raise $12,000 for trail rehabilitation and repairs at Craggy Gardens on the Parkway. Read more.
- In response to the wildfire in the Lake Lure area in November 2016, we matched a GoFundMe campaign for the Chimney Rock Volunteer Fire Department and raised $5,555 for them to purchase equipment to help battle future forest fires.
Our Community Partners Protecting the Mountains - Please Support!
Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy
Since 1974, they have conserved over 70,000 acres of unique plant and animal habitat, clean water, farmland and scenic beauty of the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee.
North Carolina Arboretum Community Partner
This 434-acre public garden is an affiliate of the University of North Carolina to cultivate connections between people and plants with gardens, trails and many special events and exhibits.
Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation
Primary fundraiser and trusted steward of the Blue Ridge Parkway, they preserve the past, enhance the present, and safeguard the future of the 469-mile scenic drive. Show your love and support of… read more
The Pisgah Conservancy
This hard-working non-profit group raises money and coordinates projects to protect Pisgah National Forest (Ranger District) and help fund some much needed repairs. We are delighted to be a… read more
Since 1994, they have protected 42,000+ acres in more than 150 projects in WNC, from the waterfalls of DuPont State Forest, to the rock faces of Hickory Nut Gorge, to the farms and rivers that… read more
Friends of DuPont Forest
Volunteer service organization working to enhance the public use and enjoyment of the DuPont State Recreational Forest while protecting its natural resources. Funds help with trail building and… read more
Blue Ridge National Heritage Area
Designated by Congress in recognition of our region's unique character, culture and natural beauty, they protect, preserve, interpret and develop the unique natural, historical and cultural… read more
Preserve the natural and cultural heritage in eight counties by conserving scenic landscapes, farms, forests, watersheds, biodiversity and wildlife habitat in eight counties east of Asheville,… read more
Blue Ridge Conservancy
They partner with landowners and communities to permanently protect natural resources with agricultural, cultural, recreational, ecological and scenic value - with more than 20,000 acres in… read more
Friends of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
They assist the National Park Service to preserve and protect the Great Smoky Mountains by raising funds and public awareness, and by providing volunteers for needed projects. Total disbursements… read more
Mainspring Conservation Trust
Located in the heart of the Southern Blue Ridge, they protect the waters, forests, farms and heritage of the Upper Little Tennessee and Hiwassee River Valleys - conserving 25,600 acres.
Blue Ridge Parkway Association
The officially designated marketing partner of the Parkway, they are a membership organization that publishes the Blue Ridge Parkway Directory & Travel Planner each year.
Our Region: We now cover 16 WNC counties!
The coverage area for RomanticAsheville.com now features most of western North Carolina, including Buncombe County (Asheville), Swain County, Graham County, Macon County, Jackson County, Transylvania County, Haywood County, Madison County, Henderson County, Polk County, Rutherford County, McDowell County, Burke County, Yancey County, Mitchell County and Avery County. (Click map for larger version. From NCDOT.)
- Sign up for our free monthly ENews.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and Pinterest and Instagram.
- Watch videos on our YouTube Channel.
- Learn about featuring your business on our travel guide.