To enjoy the best of both lake and mountain activities, check out the Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure. This 3,000-acre property features rental homes, condos and studios. The long list of amenities includes a private beach, restaurants, golf, spa and plenty of outdoor activities. Here's a brief overview.
Their variety of lodging accommodations include:
- Private home vacation rentals with 3 or 4 bedrooms, many with lake and mountain views.
- 2 and 3 bedroom condos by the lake or golf courses.
- Studios that perfect for two.
- Motor Coach Resort with sites for Class A RVs.
Enjoy a sunset cruise on Lake Lure with a pontoon rental or dinner cruise.
- Private white sand beach with mountain views, open every day at no charge for resort guests.
- Three restaurants: Legends on the Lake is a full-service lakeside restaurant with fresh flavors that shine through delicious dishes. Plus, enjoy Eagles Nest Café and Pinnacle Bar & Grill. For an extra special dining experience, take a dinner cruise with a 3-course meal.
- Pontoon boat, kayak, stand-up paddleboard and pedal boat rentals.
- Scenic lake tour cruises during the summer and fall.
- Waterpark with pool, lazy river and sand volleyball.
- Two championship golf courses with world-class play.
- Five miles of hiking and mountain biking trails, with a private trailhead to the Buffalo Creek Park Trail System.
- Four lighted, hard-surface courts marked for both tennis and pickleball.
- Wellness Center with workout equipment, fitness classes and an indoor pool.
- Spa with a full menu of treatments and salon services.
- Summer day camps for kids 6-18, usually running Tuesday-Friday.
- Venues for weddings and other gatherings for a group of 20 to 300.
- Go to the Rumbling Bald website for more info.
Rumbling Bald Resort Info
Rate: From $293 midweek and $305 weekend per couple.
Video: Fall Flyover