May 27-30, 2022
This free, 4-day festival happening over Memorial Day weekend celebrates the life and progress of Black entrepreneurs and business owners here in Asheville. Enjoy a block party-style weekend of music, live performances, games, food trucks, local vendors, as well as learning, employment, and partnership opportunities. The fun takes place on Depot St in Asheville’s River Arts District.
The festivities will serve to highlight the advancement of black people in Asheville, as well as connect the community.
Along with music and food, see and buy from a diverse assortment of vendors selling all kinds of goodies including jewelry, crafts, skin care, child games, clothes, books, soaps, decorations, furniture, and more.
GRINDFest Event Schedule
- 12 PM Entrepreneurs Lunch w/ Brian Hamilton
- 8 PM Poetry Slam
Saturday (9 AM-9 PM)
- Marketplace opens
- Opportunity Tent featuring incentives, career development programs, grants, scholarships, and funding resources for businesses
- Storytime with the elders
- DJ Battle
- Dance Competition
- Food Trucks, including Slutty Vegan (a Black, woman-owned vegan food truck recently featured in Essence Magazine)
- Curated Beer Garden by Highland Brewing
- 12 PM Roots Reveal
- 6 PM Drag Show on the Greenway
Sunday (10 AM-5 PM)
- Gospel Explosion
Monday (10 AM-6 PM)
- 12 PM Veterans Recognition
- Greater Asheville Cookoff (wings, chili, and BBQ categories)
To learn more, go to their website.