A delicious souvenir of your Asheville stay, the Morning in the Mountains cookbook that shares 100+ secret recipes of the popular breakfast dishes and afternoon snacks from some of Asheville’s favorite bed and breakfast inns. Be warned... browsing this beautifully designed book will make you hungry! RomanticAsheville.com is delighted to be a small part of the cookbook that includes our images of Asheville and mountains - including the cover photo. We celebrate our 15-year partnership with these generous, wonderful innkeepers who work very long hours to ensure their guests have the best vacation possible and never leave hungry!
While the beautifully designed book focuses on their legendary two and three course breakfasts, innkeepers also share recipes for appetizers, sweet bites and cookies that they serve in the afternoons as guests return from a day of touring Biltmore and adventures in the mountains.
The Morning in the Mountains cookbook recipes include:
- Fruit: Seasonal fruit courses versatile enough to serve as breakfast starters or salads, hors d'oeuvres and light meal endings
- Savory: Quiche, overnight stratas, baked egg ramekins, casseroles, shrimp and grits and more
- On the Side: Side dishes, sauces, conserves, condiments and bite-size appetizers
- Baked & Griddled: Inventive quick breads, baked French toast, pancakes and crispy waffles
- Sweet: Homemade cookies to eat after a hike, a sweet bite left on a guest pillow, an elegant torte following a morning meal
Buy your copy at one of the B&Bs, at Malaprop's downtown or order online for $25 (includes shipping and handling). Order online directly from the Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association.
If you prefer sampling some of the delicious recipes prepared by the Innkeepers themselves, visit one of the these Inns featured in the book.