November 8, 2019-April 7, 2020
Great news! Downton Abbey returns to Biltmore. This nationally touring exhibition features set recreations, costumes and never-before-seen multimedia elements. Unlike the 2015 costume show inside the house, this new exhibition is in two locations on the estate: Amherst at Deerpark and The Biltmore Legacy in Antler Hill Village.
The highly popular Downton Abbey series ran for six seasons. The anticipated feature film was released in September 2019. The exhibition's first two months with overlap with Christmas at Biltmore, so expect big crowds. Plan well ahead and buy tickets in advance since many days will sell-out. During the Christmas season, the exhibitions will be open until 9 PM (see hours below).
Visit Mrs. Patmore's kitchen.
Inside the Amherst at Deerpark event space (located between the house and Antler Hill Village), the elaborate displays feature exclusive multimedia elements, several famous sets and artifacts, giving you a close-up experience of the social history, culture and memorable moments of the show. The recreated sets include Mrs. Patmore’s kitchen, the busy servants’ quarters, the family’s grand dining room and more.
Stand inside the Downton Abbey Dining Room and learn some do's and dont's of proper dining.
The Biltmore Legacy in Antler Hill Village features 50+ costumes from the series’ six-year run, connecting characters, fashions, locations and historic events of the post-Edwardian era. Biltmore marks the fourth stop of the exhibition’s U.S. tour. See our Biltmore Insider's Guide to help plan your trip.
Tickets, Specials & Updates
- Downton Abbey The Exhibition is included with daytime tickets and Candlelight Christmas Evening tickets. Biltmore annual passholders must purchase a $20 exhibition ticket.
- Buy tickets on Biltmore's website at least 7 days in advance and save $10. Many weekend days and holidays will sell-out, so plan ahead!
- New parking options & shuttles begin October 30, 2019 for safety and convenience. For getting around the estate, you will now have two options: park near the house (Lots A & B) and drive to various estate stops - or park in Central Parking and ride free shuttles to the House, Deerpark, Antler Hill Village, Winery and more. The road by the front of the House and through the Walled Garden will close to become pedestrian friendly. At the estate entrance, a new “Express Lane” will open for passholders for quicker entrance for all.
Downton Abbey Exhibition Hours
November 1-January 5 Candlelight Christmas Evenings
- Amherst: Opens at 9 AM; last entry at 9 PM
- Biltmore Legacy: Opens at 9 AM; last entry at 9 PM
Days with no Candlelight Christmas Evening (Nov 19, 28, Dec 24, Jan 5)
- Amherst: Opens at 9 AM; last entry at 5 PM
- Biltmore Legacy: Opens at 9 AM; last entry at 7 PM
- Amherst: Opens at 9 AM; last entry at 2:30 PM
- Biltmore Legacy: Opens at 9 AM; last entry at 5:30 PM
January 6-April 7, 2020
- Amherst: Opens at 9 AM; last entry at 5 PM.
- Biltmore Legacy: Opens at 10 AM; last entry at 6 PM
See our Christmas at Biltmore Guide for more details on a visit in November & December.