SUMMER 2020 UPDATE: Good news! Downton Abbey: The Exhibition will reopen at Biltmore for a limited run extended to September 7, 2020! The exhibition originally ran November 1, 2019-April 7, 2020, but was affected by mandatory closures due to COVID-19. Now it reopens with social distancing mandates, capacity limits, as well as health and safety protocols established to protect both guests and employees. We encourage you to safely enjoy this exhibition and wear a mask.
June 27-September 7, 2020
Downton Abbey returns to Biltmore. This nationally touring exhibition features set recreations, costumes, and never-before-seen multimedia elements. Unlike the 2015 costume show inside the house, this new exhibition is in two locations on the estate: Amherst at Deerpark and The Biltmore Legacy in Antler Hill Village.
The highly popular Downton Abbey series ran for six seasons. The anticipated feature film was released in September 2019.
Visit Mrs. Patmore's kitchen.
Inside the Amherst at Deerpark event space (located between the house and Antler Hill Village), the elaborate displays feature exclusive multimedia elements, several famous sets and artifacts, giving you a close-up experience of the social history, culture and memorable moments of the show. The recreated sets include Mrs. Patmore’s kitchen, the busy servants’ quarters, the family’s grand dining room and more.
Stand inside the Downton Abbey Dining Room and learn some do's and dont's of proper dining.
The Biltmore Legacy in Antler Hill Village features 50+ costumes from the series’ six-year run, connecting characters, fashions, locations and historic events of the post-Edwardian era. Biltmore marks the fourth stop of the exhibition’s U.S. tour. See our Biltmore Insider's Guide to help plan your trip.
Tickets, Specials & Updates
- Downton Abbey The Exhibition is included with daytime tickets. Biltmore annual passholders must purchase a $20 exhibition ticket.
- Buy tickets on Biltmore's website at least 7 days in advance and save $10. Many weekend days and holidays will sell-out, so plan ahead!
- Parking options & shuttles are available for safety and convenience. For getting around the estate, you will now have two options: park near the house (Lots A & B) and drive to various estate stops - or park in Central Parking and ride free shuttles to the House, Deerpark, Antler Hill Village, Winery and more. The road by the front of the House and through the Walled Garden will close to become pedestrian friendly. At the estate entrance, a new “Express Lane” will open for passholders for quicker entrance for all.
Downton Abbey Exhibition Hours
- Amherst: Open Sunday-Friday 10 AM-5 PM. Open Saturday 10 AM-7 PM
- Biltmore Legacy: Open daily 10 AM – 6 PM