We have always promoted safe and responsible exploration of our mountains and will continue those efforts as we move carefully through this pandemic. We are committed to providing accurate, up-to-date information on what's open in Asheville and Western NC, as well as offer recommendations on how to safely experience everything our region has to offer. Check back daily for updates!
Coronavirus: Updates for Asheville and Western NC
August 18, 2021: Buncombe County Commissioners voted that masks will be required indoors at all publicly accessible facilities, including businesses and restaurants, effective immediately.
- Restaurants, breweries, wineries, and distilleries are open. Expect longer waits, plan ahead, and make reservations if you can. For an updated list of restaurants open for Take-Out/Deliver and Dine-In, see AIR's website (Asheville's Independent Restaurant Association).
- Bars, nightclubs, theatres, and music venues may reopen both indoors and outdoors at a limited capacity.
- See our list of Top Spas in and around Asheville for more info.
- Buncombe County Hotels and other lodging are now operating at full capacity.
- Public parks and playgrounds are open.
- Some Guided Tours & Experiences are available with some limitations. Check directly with the tour company to get details on each.
- Many locals shops and art galleries are open on a limited basis. See our Shopping Guide and Art & Galleries for more.
- Some mass gatherings are happening! See our Fall events line-up!
Practice the 3 W's
The NC Department of Health and Human Services is asking us to stay strong and continue to flatten the curve and slow the spread of COVID-19.