We have always promoted safe and responsible exploration of our mountains and will continue those efforts as we move carefully through this pandemic. We are committed to providing accurate, up-to-date information on what's open in Asheville and Western NC, as well as offer recommendations on how to safely experience everything our region has to offer. Check back daily for updates and please wear a mask if unvaccinated!
Coronavirus: Updates for Asheville and Western NC
According to NCDHHS, "people who are not vaccinated should wear a mask and maintain distance in all indoor public settings and in outdoor settings when they can't maintain six feet of distance. The state still recommends masks for those unvaccinated indoors and outdoors when crowded. "
- Restaurants, breweries, wineries, and distilleries are open. Expect longer waits, plan ahead, and make reservations if you can. For an updated list of restaurants open for Take-Out/Deliver and Dine-In, see AIR's website (Asheville's Independent Restaurant Association).
- Bars, nightclubs, theatres, and music venues may reopen both indoors and outdoors at a limited capacity.
- See our list of Top Spas in and around Asheville for more info.
- Buncombe County Hotels and other lodging are now operating at full capacity.
- Public parks and playgrounds are open.
- Some Guided Tours & Experiences are available with some limitations. Check directly with the tour company to get details on each.
- Many locals shops and art galleries are open on a limited basis. See our Shopping Guide and Art & Galleries for more.
- Some mass gatherings are happening! See our Spring and Summer events line-up!
Practice the 3 W's
The NC Department of Health and Human Services is asking us to stay strong and continue to flatten the curve and slow the spread of COVID-19.