Plan your perfect Asheville, North Carolina mountain vacation! Our 600+ page travel guide (with 2,500 photographs) is your one stop for planning a trip with lifetime memories... whether it's a romantic getaway or an escape with friends or a solo retreat. Find time and money saving tips and the most up-to-date official information on the Blue Ridge Mountains, Biltmore House, Blue Ridge Parkway, lodging, packages, restaurants, art, events and more. We cover most of western North Carolina, with the best things to do within a 85-mile radius of Asheville.
Vacation Guide Updates
Spring Festivals & Events
Summer (& Memorial Day) Festivals
2013 Art Festivals & Tours
Setrock Creek Falls
Roaring Fork Falls
River Arts District
Oskar Blues Brewery Tours
DuPont Forest Waterfalls Update
Hunger Games Film Locations
New Waterfalls Videos
Asheville Beer Guide
Beech Mountain Bike & Hike
Madison County Guide
Top 15 Mountain Views
Top 20 Asheville NC Things to Do
(2013 survery by our 1 million annual readers)
1. Biltmore Estate: Spend the day on the grand estate with America's largest castle, Asheville's Downton Abbey!
2. Blue Ridge Parkway: Drive one of the top ten scenic drives in the country for breathtaking scenery, attractions and picnic spots.
3 Waterfalls: Discover our many waterfalls, most in state and federal parks with no admission fee.
4. Hikes: Take a hike to appreciate the natural mountain splendor with options for all fitness levels.
5. Downtown Asheville: Explore the hundreds of local shops, 50 restaurants, galleries, antiques and many festivals.
6. Lodging: Stay in elegant bed and breakfast inns, luxury hotels, vacation rentals and secluded log cabins.
7. Fall Color: See our fall color guide and forecast to help you find the best autumn colors in North Carolina mountains.
8. Restaurants: Savor our delicious culinary scene with many farm-to-table, locally owned restaurants and world-class dining.
9. DuPont State Forest: Hike to waterfalls and see the film locations of The Hunger Games.
10. Sliding Rock: Ride down this natural waterslide in the Pisgah National Forest.
11. Events: Attend a variety of festivals, concerts, theatre and more!
12. Mt Mitchell: Drive to the top of the highest mountain in the eastern United States.
13. Great Smoky Mountains: Explore the most visited and beautiful national park in the country.
14. The Hunger Games: Find the film locations near Asheville.
15. Graveyard Fields: This popular stop on the Blue Ridge Parkway features a highland meadow with waterfalls and great hiking.
16. Beer: Toast to Beer City USA with 20 craft breweries in western North Carolina.
17. Zip Line & Whitewater Rafting: Find great options for canopy tours and rafting/kayaking down one of our rivers.
18. Chimney Rock: See the views of Lake Lure and Hickory Nut Gorge from the famous rock formation.
19. Art: Discover amazing creations in hundreds of galleries, artist studios, art festivals, shows and tours.
20. Linville Falls: Hike to spectacular views of this waterfall in Linville Gorge.