Vacation in Asheville, NC!
We love Asheville and want to share all of our favorite places with you. Use this free RomanticAsheville.com insider's travel planner to create a trip with lifetime memories - whether it's a romantic getaway, friends' adventure or solo retreat.
Great news! We just completed a complete, mobile-friendly redesign of our 700+ pages and 2,000+ photos, plus added some nifty new features:
- Favorites: As you peruse the site, save your favorites.
- Trip Planner: Search the hundreds of listings easily.
- Photo Galleries: See many photos of places to see.
Every day, we update our vacation tips! And don't be bashful about asking us a question as you plan your vacation to Asheville and the western North Carolina mountains.
Asheville Mountain Getaways
Where to begin? Here are a few ideas for summer and fall mountain trips:
- Biltmore Estate: Plan a visit with extensive guides to the house, gardens, winery and more.
- Mt Mitchell: Go to the top of the highest mountain in eastern America.
- Zip Line Canopy Tours: Zoom through and over the trees with a variety of courses.
- Bryson City: See why this is our favorite small town in the NC mountains!
- Sliding Rock: Slide down this popular natural mountain waterslide.
- Beech Mountain: Bike, golf and hike in the highest town in the eastern USA with the coolest temps in the state.
- South Slope Brewing District: Take a brewery tour in this hot area just south of downtown.
- Top 15 Scenic Drives: See spectacular mountain views, waterfalls and countryside from your windshield.
- Restaurants: Find the perfect restaurant for you, many serving plenty of local food.
- Burke County & Morganton: Located east of Asheville, find Linville Falls, Lake James and wineries.
- Jackson County: Explore the towns of Cashiers, Cherokee, Dillsboro, Sylva, Balsam, Cullowhee and Sapphire.
- Madison County: Hike the Appalachian Trail, raft the French Broad River and soak in the Hot Springs.
- Lake Glenville: Rent a boat, paddle board and more in this high elevation pristine lake.
RomanticAsheville.com Travel Guide is an independent and locally-owned guide that started as a hobby in 2003 to help visitors plan a trip. Sign up for our monthly E-News for the latest or follow us on Facebook for daily news. We appreciate the support of the Asheville Chamber of Commerce and Convention & Visitors Bureau in Buncombe County.