March 20-May 25, 2015
Celebrate the arrival of Spring with a spectacular display of colorful blooms across Biltmore Estate. More than 1,000 orchids start the celebration in late March inside the warm Conservatory and the Winter Garden of the house. They are followed by abundant forsythia and 15,000 daffodils by early April with 75,000 tulips in hues of purple, pink and orange peaking by mid April. By late April and May, explore acres of azaleas ablaze in shades of pink, purple, orange, red and white. And don't forget the hundreds of romantic roses and many more flowers.
Starting on the first day of spring, Biltmore celebrates the legacy of Frederick Law Olmsted and his final project – George Vanderbilt’s magnificent Biltmore gardens. The bright colors in the gardens are brought inside with an opulent display of tropical plants and lavish flowers inside Biltmore House.
During this festival of flowers, see spring evolve with a steady progression of blooms. Tulips abound at Biltmore’s main entrance and the big display in the Walled Garden. Tulip peak bloom time is usually mid April.
The biggest color explosion is the vibrant colors in the 20-acre azalea garden and cascades of native and exotic blooms in the natural gardens (late April) and along the walking trails.
Biltmore Blooms Free Events
Antler Hill Village & Winery
• Weekend live music in the Bandstand
• Grape Stomps at the Winery entrance for children Saturdays and Sundays
• Visit with the friendly resident animals and their spring newborns such as baby goats, lambs, chicks and bunnies.
• Exhibition in The Biltmore Legacy, The Vanderbilts at Home and Abroad
Conservatory & Walled Garden
• Many orchids and exotic blooms
• Ask a Gardener Station
• A Gardener's Place Seminars
Easter Egg Hunt
The Easter Rabbit makes his annual appearance on Biltmore’s Front Lawn on Easter Sunday, along with special children’s entertainment including magic shows, music, storytelling, crafts and photos with the Easter Rabbit. Highlighting the day are the grand Easter Egg Hunts at 11 AM, 1 PM and 3 PM. Children ages 9 years old and younger may attend the hunt for free when accompanied by an estate passholder or a ticketed adult. Day-of registration will be required.
Biltmore Blooms Spring Offers, Discount Tickets and Deals:
Check back for special offers and disount tickets. In addition to Biltmore House and gardens, estate admission includes entry to the Winery, Antler Hill Village, Antler Hill Farm and Barnyard, specialty gift shops and restaurants. The four-star Inn on Biltmore Estate is offering special packages and lower mid-week rates.
- Buy tickets on Biltmore Estate web site 7 days in advance and save up to $12.
- Enjoy a second, consecutive day of all Biltmore for only $10. Upgrade on your day of visit at any of the Guest Services locations on the estate.
- On Mother’s Day, all mothers receive free admission with the purchase of adult or youth ticket.
- For more information & to purchase tickets online, go to the Biltmore Estate Web site.