May 25-27, 2018
What a way to start your summer of outdoor adventures! The Mountain Sports Festival returns each Memorial Day Weekend with an impressive lineup to entice any pro or amateur athlete to test themselves in mountain sports. The 3-day festival brings in over 15,000 visitors and competitors in Asheville, the center of the East Coast outdoor life. For spectators, find live music, food, beer and plenty of outdoor gear to check out at Festival Village (free admission) near the River Arts District - just a few miles from downtown and Biltmore Estate.
The Festival Village is located at Carrier Park, along the river in Asheville. Chat with outdoor adventure gear manufacturers and exhibitors showing off their wares, while demonstrating all the latest equipment with tips and techniques for enjoying the outdoors.
From camping equipment, bikes and kayaks to clothing, the browsing is fun.
Races and competitions will take place throughout the weekend, starting with the Cyclocross and Ultimate Frisbee at the Festival Village. Things will heat up early on Saturday with a full schedule of high-energy competition highlighted by the Mountain Disc Golf Challenge, French Broad Challenge Triathlon, and SUP race. Dodgeball, beach volleyball, inline hockey, climbing, bellyak and more compete all weekend.
New in 2018 will be these events for all fitness levels:
- Festival Frenzy 5k around Carrier Park Saturday evening.
- Mountain Sports Festival Beer Mile for participants 21 and over.
- Dirty Asphalt Urban Assault 30-mile mountain bike race on urban trails and city roads.
- Sunday morning Beer City 20k race and relay.
For more details, go to their web site.
2018 Music Line-Up
Friday, May 25
- 5-7 PM: Dub Kartel
- 7:30-9:30 PM: Josh Phillips & A Big Band
Saturday, May 26
- 2:30-3:30 PM: Uncle Kurtis – Youth Band
- 4-5 PM: The Stump Mutts
- 5:30-7 PM: Window Cat
- 7:30-9:30 PM: Euforquestra
Sunday, May 27
- 1:30-3 PM: Ben Phan
- 3:30-5:30 PM: Andrew Scotchie & The River
- GPS: 220 Amboy Road, Asheville, NC
- From 1-26: Take I-240 East – follow the Amboy Road exit & see Carrier Park on right
- From Downtown Asheville: South on Biltmore Avenue for approximately 2 miles. Turn right on Meadow Road. Turn left at the second light on Amboy Road. Go approximately 1.5 miles to Carrier Park on left
Tip: Ride your bike! A bike corral will be provided for parking. Ride the greenway while you are here.