November 1, 2020 - January 1, 2021
If you haven't been to Hendersonville lately for the holidays, you're in for a treat! Main Street is decked out in many thousands of lights plus, more than 100 one-of-a-kind stores and galleries and 24 local restaurants, it's a delight to spend the day exploring downtown. Events during their "Come Home for the Holidays" include festive hayrides, holiday skating, an Olde Fashioned Christmas celebration (Dec. 4), and the popular Peppermint the Bear Scavenger Hunt. Paused for 2020 are Flat Rock Playhouse productions and concerts. This charming, bustling town is just 25 miles south of Christmas at Biltmore and Asheville.
Discover one of the best downtowns for shopping in all of North Carolina. Mast General Store is always a must stop. Galleries abound. The charming Main Street of beautifully restored historic buildings looks ready for a Hallmark Channel movie filming! Many stores stay open late, especially on Friday and Saturday nights.
- December 4: Olde Fashioned Hendersonville Christmas on Main Street, 5-8 PM
- TBA: Iceless Skating Rink
- December 11 & 12: Main Street Holiday Hayrides, 5-8 PM
- Go to the Hendersonville website for a full schedule of their "Home for the Holidays" events. Most are free.
- Looking for stocking stuffers? Hendersonville’s Cheers! Trail Passport is just $10 and a great gift for friends, neighbors, and co-workers. Get details and purchase on their website.
Historic Johnson Farm Christmas Tours: December 1-22
Experience the 1880 farmhouse decorated for Christmas as you learn about the Johnson Family and their farm. Hot chocolate will be provided, and guests can make a Christmas craft. Holiday items will be for sale in the Interpretive Center and in the Heritage Weavers & Fiber Artists’ Gift Shop. Call to make tour reservations, 828-891-6585. Visit Historic Johnson Farm to learn more.
Peppermint the Bear Scavenger Hunt: November 27-December 23
Peppermint Bear will take you on a fun-filled bear hunt through downtown Hendersonville looking for her cubs. As you search for the cubs, visit at least 12 of the 22 downtown participating businesses to be eligible for prizes. Complete the entry form in the brochure and drop it in Peppermint’s mailbox, located in front of the Visitor Center, by December 23rd. For more details about the Scavenger Hunt stop by the Visitor Center at 201 South Main Street. Download a 2020 Peppermint Bear Brochure.
Christmas Trees, Wreaths, Greenery, & Garland
- Henderson County Curb Market (221 N. Church St.) Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays: 8 AM-1 PM
- Justus Orchards (187 Garren Rd.) Christmas at the Farm, Christmas trees, baked goods, family photos, and more.
Santa's favorite store is Dancing Bear Toys (418 North Main). Other favorite shopping stops include Carolina Mountain Artists Guild (444 North Main) with creatives by 30 local artists, Wine Sage and Gourmet (416 North Main) kitchen wonderland, and Wag! Unique Pet Boutique (231 North Main).
A must stop is McFarlan Bakery (309 North Main), a local's favorite since 1930 with plenty of holiday treats.
Go to the Hendersonville website for a full schedule of their "Home for the Holidays" events.