September 17, 2016
The Brewgrass Festival, western North Carolina’s original craft beer festival, will celebrate its 20th anniversary this year. Held in the infield of Memorial Stadium near downtown Asheville (behind the McCormick Field baseball stadium), you can sample beers from 55 breweries with a big variety of national and regional craft beers. Enjoy bluegrass-infused music. This year's music line-up features The Travelin' McCourys with special guest Peter Rowan and additional performances the Jon Stickley Trio and Bobby Miller and the Virginia Daredevils. Buy food from local vendors. The 21 and up event is held 1-6 PM.
Brewgrass Festival will donate a portion of all proceeds to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Western North Carolina, a great United Way agency that serves young people, matching children ages 6-14 from single-parent families with caring, adult mentors.
Tickets for Brewgrass go on sale March 25, 2016:
- General Admission ($55/person) includes your wristband and commemorative mug for tastings and access to food court, attractions, music and water stations. Tickets usually sell-out, so buy in advance.
- VIP Tickets ($150/person) includes all above plus a $50 merchandise bag, complimentary food and private bathrooms (SOLD OUT)
- Safe Drive Tickets ($25/person) are sold at the gate only for designated drivers or friends that do not want to enjoy the beer samples.
Tips for Attending
- Bring a yard chair or blanket to relax on the field
- Bring your ID
- Parking is limited. You can take their shuttle from downtown (Vance Monument) 12-8 PM.
- Use Uber and get $20 off your first ride with promo code BREWGRASS
- GPS Address: 32 Buchanan Place, Asheville, NC 28801