Go Blue Ridge Card: Discount Asheville Attraction Tickets 2011
Update: This cards are no longer available for purchase (effective November 1, 2011). Hopefully, they will return at a future date!
Get discount tickets for Asheville area attractions! Smart Destinations in partnership with the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area offer the Go Blue Ridge™ Card, a premium Asheville attraction pass that offers fully pre-paid access to 25 top attractions along the Blue Ridge Parkway in western North Carolina in the Blue Ridge Mountains, plus significant discounts on dining and shopping. The Go Blue Ridge Card is the smart choice for travelers who want to see and do everything the Blue Ridge region has to offer at an affordable price.
The Go Blue Ridge Card can be purchased in 2, 3 and 5 calendar day increments. Once activated, the card is valid for access to the included Asheville area attractions for the number of days purchased.
The card’s highlights include fully pre-paid admission to:
Asheville and the Central Mountains Attractions
- Biltmore: Escape to George Vanderbilt’s 8,000 acre estate featuring 250-room Biltmore house and acres of gardens.
- Chimney Rock Park: Hike around this stunning mountain attraction or take the 26-story elevator to the top.
- The Health Adventure: Let your imagination run wild as you learn about health and science in interactive and ever-changing exhibits for the whole family.
- Colburn Earth Science Museum: Learn about plate tectonics, Western North Carolina’s mining history, and more with hands-on activities and exhibits.
- Smith-McDowell House Museum: Tour this National Historic Landmark with grounds designed by Frederick Law Olmstead and rooms decorated in styles from 1840 to 1900.
- Thomas Wolfe Memorial: Visit the house that inspired Wolfe’s autobiographical novel, "Look Homeward, Angel".
- Emerald Village: Tour the underground Bon Ami Mine at the NC Mining Museum, enjoy the splashing waterfall, and search for real gems at the Gemstone Mine. Seasonal.
- Rockhouse Vineyards: Enjoy a selection of meticulously crafted wines at this cozy family winery (age 21 and over) or wander ten acres of vineyards. Seasonal.
- Lake Lure Tours: Relax in a covered tour boat while your skipper guides you past local attractions and landmarks. Seasonal.
- Gray Line Trolley Tours of Asheville: See Historic Montford, Battery Park, Biltmore Village, and more. Seasonal.
- LaZoom Bus Tour of Asheville
- NOC French Broad River Rafting
- The Museum of the Cherokee Indian: Learn about the Cherokee Indian through high-tech exhibits and ancient artifacts.
- Wheels Through Time: Museum Visit over 250 vintage motorcycles and discover how transporation has transformed America’s culture and economy.
- Smoky Mountain Trains Museum: Explore the museum’s extensive collection of locomotives, engines, train cars and more.
- Wildwater Rafting Trip: Bounce, splash, and laugh your way down eight exciting miles of whitewater with the Southeast’s most experienced rafting company. Seasonal.
- Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC): Raft Trip Raft at your own pace with National Geographic Adventure and Good Morning America’s #1 Vacation with a Splash. Seasonal.
- Smoky Mountain Jet Boats: Whiz through scenic Lake Fontana on a jet boat or hike and swim in Forney Creek. Seasonal.
- Dillsboro River Compay Raft Trip: Step into the captain’s seat as you and your family navigate the Tuckaseegee River. Seasonal.
- Great Smoky Mountain Fish Camp with Tubing: Enjoy a relaxing three-hour tubing ride along the Little Tennessee River. Seasonal.
- Oconaluftee Indian Village: Experience life in a 1750 Cherokee village. Seasonal.
- Ghost Town in the Sky™: Step back in time to the Wild West at this family-friendly theme park. Seasonal.
- Rose Creek Mine: Search for rubies, sapphires, and more at an interactive gem mine. Seasonal.
- Mountainside Theatre: Unto these Hills... A Retelling See one of the longest, continuously performed outdoor dramas in the U.S. Seasonal.
High Country Attractions
- Linville Caverns: Marvel at the caverns’ elegant shapes, textures, and colors. Seasonal.
- Grandfather Mountain: Admire 360-degree views from the highest peak in the Blue Ridge mountain range.
- Banner Elk Winery: Sip wine at Avery and Watauga counties’ first commercial winery (ages 21 and over).
- Mystery Hill: See water flow uphill, a ball roll uphill, and gravity defied in the gravitational vortex and visit the Heritage and Artifact Museum.
- Tweetsie Railroad: Hop aboard the historic steam locomotive train for a fun-filled Wild West journey. Seasonal.
- Loafers Glory Rafting & Tubing: Float down a lazy river or upgrade to a funyak or raft. Seasonal.
- The Historic Orchard at Altapass: Storytelling Hayride Enjoy storytelling hayrides, traditional mountain music and dancing, nature walks, and more. Seasonal
You can also purchase cards through any of Smart Destinations’ global distribution partners or in person at the Asheville Area Chamber of Commerce, 36 Montford Street, Asheville. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.